Home

Tie passing animations to ratings (eventually create new ratings)

This is a discussion on Tie passing animations to ratings (eventually create new ratings) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Tie passing animations to ratings (eventually create new ratings)

I was just thinking that Passing animations should be treated along the lines of spec catch animations.

Ive seen a lot of complaints about passing animations, and a lot of comparisons to APF throwing animations. Ive seen this video...

And i definately agree that the throwing animation in this video is great and realistic for a QB thwoing deep. However it wouldnt be realistic for say Jamarcus Russel, Jay Cutler, and other Elite Arm strength QBs to have to go into such a windup in order to make a 40-50 yard throw. For Jamarcus Russel a throw with that much of a windup is going around 70 yards.

I think it would provide a very logical and easy to manage solution to throwing motions if they used THP and added a new rating (likely next year) for release or throwing mechanics, which would dictate how much of a windup a passer would have to have to make certain throws.

Ex- average QB with average THP and Mechanics has to windup to make a 50 yard toss. But can still make a great throw from 20-40 yards without having a huge wind up for every throw and can have a decent time on release without getting a huge hit on acc. (think Eli Manning)

EX- Qb with Great release Avg to poor THP can be great in quick hitter west coast style passes but has to wind up just to throw a 40. (think Chad Pennington)

Ex- QB with Great THp and Great Mechanics can "make all the throws" something that we constantly hear about franchise QBs. This guy can throw a 40 yard streak on a frozen rope with just hip tourqe. He can also hit the 10 yard out, the hitch, slant, etc. and Only has to wind up for a 60 yard bomb. (Peyton manning, Carson Palmer, Jay Cutler)

The problem is that all QBs in madden pretty much have the skills in example three regardless of thier ratings. If they make it so you cant even access certain animations for throwing (in the same way you cant access certain animations for spectacular catch) then you really ad a significant level of realism and an opportunity to differentiate between QBs even more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Tie passing animations to ratings (eventually create new ratings)

great post
Old 04-26-2009, 06:56 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

I really like this idea. There needs to be a release rating to determine how quickly a guy can get rid of the ball. The mechanics rating sounds like a great idea too.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:03 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 16

I like this idea too. That would be pretty cool.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 18

Phenomenal idea. I expect this to appear in Madden 11, mark it down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 06:13 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Thanks for the positive response. So anyone think that at least half of this idea (doubt that a mechanics or release rating can make it in by now) can appear this year. Ian has stated taht they are working on throwing mechanics.

I dont want to pm the guy as im sure that box is pretty full. But i think if enough people respond this might get in. At a minimum they can adjust this for THP and make it so that QBs with below 90 THP have to wind up for deep throws.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »