Home

Desensitized

This is a discussion on Desensitized within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Desensitized

The big hits really don't do anything for me anymore in Madden. In real life you may see a handful happen on a Sunday, around the entire league.

I think if they want to bring some true drama to Madden some of these spectacular hits and other plays need to be more rare. It would even be nice to hear some shock and awe from the announcers and crowd.

I REALLY hope the shake of the camera is gone when the hitstick works. I think there should be some average tackles when you use the hitstick also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: Desensitized

Hit stick has already been worked on. And may not even be completely tuned yet.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotjackdup
The big hits really don't do anything for me anymore in Madden. In real life you may see a handful happen on a Sunday, around the entire league.

I think if they want to bring some true drama to Madden some of these spectacular hits and other plays need to be more rare. It would even be nice to hear some shock and awe from the announcers and crowd.

I REALLY hope the shake of the camera is gone when the hitstick works. I think there should be some average tackles when you use the hitstick also.
Yeah but in a blog somewhere i read the hitstick will be a more risk/reward now. If you miss it'll really mess you up i guess
Old 04-26-2009, 06:58 PM   #4
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

yea I HATE these big hitz...You never see a wrap up everybody want to perform a clothline....You got it backwards EA lol hopefully its tuned....
Old 04-26-2009, 07:28 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 18

The last games I ever was excited by a big hit was on last gen. 2k5 and Madden 06 I actually saw some nasty hits that were as good as seeing a great hit in real life.

Current gen madden hits do not thrill me at all. I never really feel like I tackle through the guy; players just seem to fall to the ground.

Then I see the DB taking out the legs of a jumping WR and I just laugh at how easy it is to get this animation to happen. DB's can't just float in midair then somehow take out the legs of my WR. A great hit is only great if the physics behind it make sense.

Watch the hit at 1:30

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 07:45 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
The last games I ever was excited by a big hit was on last gen. 2k5 and Madden 06 I actually saw some nasty hits that were as good as seeing a great hit in real life.

Current gen madden hits do not thrill me at all. I never really feel like I tackle through the guy; players just seem to fall to the ground.

Then I see the DB taking out the legs of a jumping WR and I just laugh at how easy it is to get this animation to happen. DB's can't just float in midair then somehow take out the legs of my WR. A great hit is only great if the physics behind it make sense.

Watch the hit at 1:30

Damn that's so true,hopefully Madden 10 will live up to the hype.

Cincy still open.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 27

I actually thought the big hits in 2K5 were stiff. The impact needed tuning. It's weird though, because sometimes they would feel great live-game, then you'd replay it and the hit felt weak and slow. I still can't figure that one out.

Anyway, yeah... too many big hits in Madden. Way too many. We need to be taught a lesson for using hitstick too much. One of the few things that I thought 08 was decent on was the risk reward for hitstick. I had so many guys duck under and slide away that it forced me to go for the wrap. In 09, I could explode on guys all game long and never miss or pay the price.

As a sidenote though, in the real NFL tackling fundamentals are poor at best. You see guys going for the blow up too often these days. Too many defenders are too concerned with sending a message with a big hit and wanting to be feared, rather than just making the play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »