Home

Madden NFL 10 Full Rookie Ratings File

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Full Rookie Ratings File within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2009, 10:03 PM   #33

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: All Rookie Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeriousNorwood
I asked you to find me a link where it said he is stronger than Beanie Wells. You clearly failed.
But this was a stupid request. Why would ANYONE compare the two in a scouting report.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:03 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
part of Taylor's scouting report from NFL.COM

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profil...aylor?id=79655
Overview

A three-year starter at nose guard, Taylor's squat, thick frame resembles a fire hydrant, but he attacks blockers like a runaway fire truck.

Taylor delivered one of the best performances in the weight room at the 2009 NFL Combine, recording 37 repetitions bench-pressing 225 pounds. Strength has always been his biggest asset.

He set Michigan prep records with a 500-pound bench press, 680-pound squat and a
670-pound dead lift.

The common thing I keep hearing about him, is that he's super strong in the gym and on the field, so that 78 got to change.
Thanks a ton.

I'm not saying Taylor's overall should rise, because he's not the most talented guy in the world, nor is he the brightest guy, never has been. But one thing people haven't questioned, is his strength. His durability is an issue, his heart/desire or lack of has been questioned (highschool), but never his strength.

Call me nitpicky, but I really question how much research was done with certain rookie ratings. Especially some of the lower guys.

Last edited by Anti Honor; 04-26-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:07 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeriousNorwood
I asked you to find me a link where it said he is stronger than Beanie Wells. You clearly failed.

Look, I'm not defending him in any way because I've never watched the guy you are talking about play in person. However, when you guys say that bench reps = strength, it's really stupid and shows how unaware you guys are of what goes into ratings.
WTF!!! Did beanie wells break state records in lifting? Did beanie wells place 8th in powerlifting for ostate? No he didn't so stop trying to be mr. smartass. I don't care what u think about the bench press but when a man does almost 40reps in the bench they are strong as hell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 11:08 PM   #36
Rookie

Really, Chris Owens a 58 while Coye Frances a 74. Chris Owens is a potential lockdown corner who wasn't even challege becuase of his talent and he has a lower rating then Coye. LOL, let's come back to this rating comparision in two years.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:08 PM   #37
Pro

JeriousNorwood's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor
Oh really?

Link me to any scout that says Chris ''Beanie'' Wells is stronger than Terrance Taylor.
To one of the above posters, I was just throwing this guys argument in his face. No one compares the two, so why in the hell would he ask?

Again, I'm not saying he's not strong, I'm saying bench press is not everything that matters, but so many of you live or die by it. The game of football is not based solely on combine numbers, nor should that be the sole thing that determines the ratings in Madden.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:22 PM   #38
Rookie

My argument is that Terrance Taylor is stronger than 78.

Even Ricky-Jean Francois got an 81 strength rating.

There isn't a scout, head coach or website that would question Terrance Taylor's strength, and this dates back to highschool, so I'd like to know what ''scout'' Donny Moore got this info from, since I was told that's probably how Donny decided on the rating.

I already sent the info needed via PM to Donny, so perhaps now, he'll actually do a little research on Taylor, and boost his strength up a notch or 10.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:25 PM   #39
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Okay, I don't normally bemoan Madden player ratings, but I'm absolutely baffled that Ravens rookie RB Cedric Peerman has a carrying rating of 60. As a student at UVa, I've watched all four of his playing years here and I've only seen him fumble the ball twice ever as a Cavalier.

Also, despite his awesome workout numbers, Peerman probably doesn't deserve a speed rating of 94, and probably should be a far more balanced back vs. being an exclusively a shifty, speedy back. He was never a burner and was more of the workhorse type (not to be confused with being a power runner, though; he wasn't that either). His most exceptional qualities, in my opinion, were probably his passion, work ethic, never-say-die attitude, patience, and ability to recognize a hole and hit it immediately; that said I have no idea how to translate those qualities to the Madden ratings scale.

Finally, he also plausibly deserves a higher kick return rating; during his first two years he was the primary kick returner for the Cavaliers and averaged just under 27 yards a return, before being moved off special teams to assume the primary running back job.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 04-26-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:27 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Okay, I don't normally bemoan Madden player ratings, but I'm absolutely baffled that Ravens rookie RB Cedric Peerman has a carrying rating of 60. I watched all four of his playing years here at Virginia and I've only seen him fumble the ball twice ever as a Cavalier.
Probably that same nasty little ''scout'' that told Donny Terrance Taylor is one of the weakest DTs in football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »