Home

Need my football fix-Should I pick up 09 again?

This is a discussion on Need my football fix-Should I pick up 09 again? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2009, 10:57 PM   #9
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Need my football fix-Should I pick up 09 again?

No.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 04-26-2009, 10:57 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

play madden for ps2 like go buy madden 08 and ncaa 08 for ps2 and have fun. the graphics are behind the curve but the gameplay is rock solid. importing my own players into madden via the draft really is doing it for me, though i cant play next gen madden cuz of all the issues. id say go w/ ps2 cuz wasting 40 bucks on something broke, whatever your expectations, prolly isnt worth the "itch" lol
Old 04-26-2009, 11:02 PM   #11
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
Icon12 Re: Need my football fix-Should I pick up 09 again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
It isn't as bad as a lot of people are saying. It is good for a fix (I got it for $12 on Ebay).

Franchise Mode sucks but it should last you til June/July if you spread out your games.
Yea people are definently "Hating" In my post I said I was semi-happy with 09 I thought it was the best Madden in recent years. I know that isnt saying much but I did enjoy it other than the franchise freezing.

How is online? I figure thats where most of my time will go, as there is no point of really really getting deep in my franchise as I will do that once 10 is released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 11:11 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
Yea people are definently "Hating" In my post I said I was semi-happy with 09 I thought it was the best Madden in recent years. I know that isnt saying much but I did enjoy it other than the franchise freezing.

How is online? I figure thats where most of my time will go, as there is no point of really really getting deep in my franchise as I will do that once 10 is released.
If you are happy with 09 and know what to expect, then do whatever you want. You asked US and everyone has been giving you their opinions. If you didn't want their opinions then why make this thread?

About Online:
Nothing but a cheesefest now. There really is no point in picking this up for online. Even post patch, there are still plenty of money plays, abusers of broken game mechanics and animations(rocket catches, etc) that make Online unbearable...

But like I said, do what you want. You will probably just post some more Madden Defense posts anyways, instead of taking our advice...which you asked for.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:18 PM   #13
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

no. i ended up trading my copy in after it had sat on the shelf untouched for four months. what a crap game.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:20 PM   #14
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
If you are happy with 09 and know what to expect, then do whatever you want. You asked US and everyone has been giving you their opinions. If you didn't want their opinions then why make this thread?

About Online:
Nothing but a cheesefest now. There really is no point in picking this up for online. Even post patch, there are still plenty of money plays, abusers of broken game mechanics and animations(rocket catches, etc) that make Online unbearable...

But like I said, do what you want. You will probably just post some more Madden Defense posts anyways, instead of taking our advice...which you asked for.
I have no problem with people giving their opinions, but when people say "get tecmo bowl or backyard football" thats just ridculous give me a break. I want serious opinions not people bashing Madden at every chance they get.

I'm in no way defending Madden but give me serious opinions and I did happen to like Madden but the game killer was the franchise freezing which I wanted to know if it was addressed.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:24 PM   #15
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

And by serious opinions I meant the one you gave me about online play. I figured it would be a lot of cheesing, but with online gaming your always going to get that. And just by watching Madden Nation you can see people have mastered cheesing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 11:28 PM   #16
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
I have no problem with people giving their opinions, but when people say "get tecmo bowl or backyard football" thats just ridculous give me a break. I want serious opinions not people bashing Madden at every chance they get.

I'm in no way defending Madden but give me serious opinions and I did happen to like Madden but the game killer was the franchise freezing which I wanted to know if it was addressed.
That was actually a serious opinion, maybe not the one you are looking for but it was indeed serious....I was in your situation all year untill I just recently trade it in(the CE) I could not play that game at all despite having the "itch" however, Im excited for Madden10....

BTW whats wrong with Tecmo bowl(DS) and Back yard football? You minds well put Madden09 in those games catagory in realism becuz Madden didnt even have fatigue....

Last edited by Jukeman; 04-26-2009 at 11:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »