Home

-Fade Routes and Madden 10-

This is a discussion on -Fade Routes and Madden 10- within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2009, 07:14 PM   #9
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: -Fade Routes and Madden 10-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I think you'll be able to execute it better this year since the gamespeed can be slowed down.

This is why it was so easy to execute in 2k5.Actually a little too easy to lob an undefensible pass to a taller receiver.

The problem w/ past Madden's was both gamespeed and the fact that receivers would run their routes out-of-bounds/through the back of the endzone w/o trying to keep themselves or their feet in.

You could do it though with perfect timing.Just could be frustrated based on my statement above.
Scaling gamespeed can help, but they need to remove ALL the animation compressions. That will lead to more misses/drops, just like real life. It will also make it harder for user-catch cheezers to get the ball every time.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:29 PM   #10
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Scaling gamespeed can help, but they need to remove ALL the animation compressions. That will lead to more misses/drops, just like real life. It will also make it harder for user-catch cheezers to get the ball every time.
I agree.2k5 online had a 'no fade route' rule because of the over-abuse from the effectiveness.Of course not everyone will abide by that if they're behind or going for the winning score.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #11
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I agree.2k5 online had a 'no fade route' rule because of the over-abuse from the effectiveness.Of course not everyone will abide by that if they're behind or going for the winning score.
If the fade worked all the time in a real game, they'd call it every play.

It's a tough pass to throw, and when it's under-thrown it exposes the WR to injury. Same should be true in Madden. Cats need to be gettin' their ribs crushed if they go for the fade on every other play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 07:37 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 19

I'm not going to read through everything...
But I'm extremely hopeful for realistic fades and jump balls in Madden 10.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:39 PM   #13
Xeo
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
If the fade worked all the time in a real game, they'd call it every play.

It's a tough pass to throw, and when it's under-thrown it exposes the WR to injury. Same should be true in Madden. Cats need to be gettin' their ribs crushed if they go for the fade on every other play.

That's what I'm getting at when I say capturing the difficulty of every type of pass. In real life, you can't throw a fade route every down because it's essentially a destination pass. You float the ball out there and the WR has to get under it. In order for this to work, the corner has to be playing up tight, which is why they're normally only used in the red zone. Also, the safety needs to be playing the inside. If these 2 things aren't happening and you're throwing fades outside the redzone, you're probably gunna throw a pick or get your WR killed. It's really not that complicated, I don't think. I don't know.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #14
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo
That's what I'm getting at when I say capturing the difficulty of every type of pass. In real life, you can't throw a fade route every down because it's essentially a destination pass. You float the ball out there and the WR has to get under it. In order for this to work, the corner has to be playing up tight, which is why they're normally only used in the red zone. Also, the safety needs to be playing the inside. If these 2 things aren't happening and you're throwing fades outside the redzone, you're probably gunna throw a pick or get your WR killed. It's really not that complicated, I don't think. I don't know.
Part of what's wrong with Madden is that the game of football is so massively oversimplified for the general audience.

In the real game CORNERS PLAY OFF in man coverage. In Madded they are up on the line nearly all the time. Worse, we don't really have a system to move them around pre-snap like we did on last-gen (defensive hot route adjustments).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »