Home

More Options in Franchise Mode Please

This is a discussion on More Options in Franchise Mode Please within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
More Options in Franchise Mode Please

I am hoping (and that someone from EA will notice) that we will have more options nad freedom in Franchise Mode such as the ability to change both Ratings and Physical Appearances of Players. Having the option to alter ratings would be nice especially when we agree or disagree with Players Progression or Regression. What kills my gameplaying experience in Franchise Mode is that there are too many superstars at some positions and not enough in others. Sure, EA is supposedly going to tweak the system but why not tweak it AND give up more editing options. The way I see there is no downside to this added option and gives the knitpicking players like myself a bone to chew on. Also, what if I am a big fan of that 10th WR on the Chicago Bears that I drafted in 2015, but no one else is? It would be nice to be able to change his skils so he can contribute. Sure its "cheating" but its franchise mode! More importantly, its MY Franchise. The only one who will care is ME. Right?

Also, having the option to edit Player appearances like Height, Weight, Chest or Thigh Size would be nice. I can't stand the fact that a 300lb DL looks about the same size as a 225lb RB in Madden 2009. Having the open option to edit appearences also mitigates potential problems with importing rookies from NCAA draft classes. I have been playing Madden since the Sega Genesis years and if there is anything that kills gameplay for me is seeing year after year, a superfast WR with 99 speed have skinny limbs but with a gut the size of 350lb DT Gilbert Brown. I'm sure anything is possible but this just doesn't seem realistic to me. Having the options to change that and having less reliance on the programmers having to get it right which after so many years its safe to say that I don't have alot of confidence in, would be nice. Again, its a free option that the programmers can give us and I see little drawback in adding this besides the added time.

Please, throw me a bone on this one. If there is so much attention to detail in Madden 2010, please don't forget or ignore this. I think adding this feature would go along in the replay value of this football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: More Options in Franchise Mode Please

Old 04-27-2009, 06:28 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: More Options in Franchise Mode Please

I am all about more options.

I think we should be able to determine how progression works all a whole on the entire roster. Select how much stats effect it and how much potential effect it. Select how often players progress and how much. Select all of this by position or global.

The same should happen for regression. Give US the option to determine what age players fall apart by position. Give US the option of determining how much injuries play a role.

I am ALL ABOUT the player have MORE OPTIONS!

That way the game appeals to more people. If you don't like they way it does something then you have options of altering it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »