Home

The "Super Secret" project can now be revealed...

This is a discussion on The "Super Secret" project can now be revealed... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2009, 11:16 PM   #73
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: The "Super Secret" project can now be revealed...

as a huge fan of the NCAA series (i enjoy madden as well but love college football way more than the pros), i want to say THANK YOU. Team Builder sounds amazing and is exactly what i wanted in NCAA.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:16 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bison160
You know, the main issue I could see here is not just being able to create them, but when they give you the exact tools you need to exactly recreate a certain person. If they included the name "walter" and the name "payton" in commentary, even though there was no other players in the current NFL roster named payton,(i know there is) then they run into issues. Or if they included a certain piece of equipment or style that a ex. player had that was unique. Such as if they let you choose what eye black you wanted, and they put john randle's signature in there, then thats an issue.

I dont see the problem with just letting people create teams, just dont overstep the boundaries and provide the tools needed to exactly recreate singnature people.

I went to school to be a lawyer and changed my mind half way through though, so I may be wrong...lol
This is a cop out. Give us the tools and let US share what we want at our own liability.

This is like saying I can't drawn Walter Payton from my own memory of the man and hang in my own ****ing wall if I want.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:17 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
This is a cop out. Give us the tools and let US share what we want at our own liability.
The players won't sue you, they'll sue EA.
There's no such thing as your own liability in a case like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 11:17 PM   #76
Banned

Quote:

This is like saying I can't drawn Walter Payton from my own memory of the man and hang in my own ****ing wall if I want.
Oh ****, I said Walter Payton....Do I owe his family a dime.

Crap that is twice I guess it is twenty cents....
Old 04-27-2009, 11:17 PM   #77
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bison160
You know, the main issue I could see here is not just being able to create them, but when they give you the exact tools you need to exactly recreate a certain person. If they included the name "walter" and the name "payton" in commentary, even though there was no other players in the current NFL roster named payton,(i know there is) then they run into issues. Or if they included a certain piece of equipment or style that a ex. player had that was unique. Such as if they let you choose what eye black you wanted, and they put john randle's signature in there, then thats an issue.

I dont see the problem with just letting people create teams, just dont overstep the boundaries and provide the tools needed to exactly recreate singnature people.

I went to school to be a lawyer and changed my mind half way through though, so I may be wrong...lol
well u already kno that our legal system is shot to hell lol, so this shouldn suprise u imo
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 04-27-2009, 11:21 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 16

I'm sad that this isn't in Madden . Ian, will there be any improvements to Create-a-team in Madden, or will it be pretty much unchanged?
Old 04-27-2009, 11:21 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
The players won't sue you, they'll sue EA.
There's no such thing as your own liability in a case like this.
You do realize this is happening ALREADY. Google search madden 08 pc rosters OR Tecmo Super Bowl rom rosters.

If what you are saying is True they could sue the people making PCs and the software which gives me the power to make my own video game and do the same thing. The should start to sue Microsoft, IBM, MAC, C++ makers, any other company you can think of that will allow me to make a game and add players with likeness and names....

What a minute, I would still be able to make a pen and paper game and drawn the players to their likeness to share with my friends. Maybe we should out law all writings, drawing, etc....
Old 04-27-2009, 11:22 PM   #80
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
IMHO that's 2K Sports best chance at competing with EA in the NFL Exclusivity (screw the gamers) era.

2K Sports was on to something with APF2K8 but failed to take it far enough. The Team Builder here is another piece of the user generated content puzzle.

From a technology perspective we are in a highly customizable social networking age. Custom content rules, and sports companies should focus on tools, user generated content, and content publishing (game, website, community).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »