Home

Teambuilder (ideas to help get this feature in Madden)

This is a discussion on Teambuilder (ideas to help get this feature in Madden) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2009, 10:30 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: Teambuilder (ideas to help get this feature in Madden)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
I don't understand why creating players that resemble past players no longer in the NFL is illegal...? EA wouldn't be shipping the game out with those retired players on it, and the players on a created team would be whomever the user creates, not who EA puts on the team.
It's because the past players don't know that it is user-created. If somebody uploads a video with a past player to YouTube, the NFLPA and other past players would assume that Madden included the players without paying them.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
I don't understand why creating players that resemble past players no longer in the NFL is illegal...? EA wouldn't be shipping the game out with those retired players on it, and the players on a created team would be whomever the user creates, not who EA puts on the team.
I agree with you 100%
I don't know how it would cause a legal issue.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:38 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 13

This Feature definitly needs to be in Madden 10, just give us a web-based app. and just give us a lot og generic logos and the ability to upload and well be good.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:39 PM   #20
Banned

I don't see it being in Madden 10 at launch. If anything, perhaps DLC.
But I think it's much more likely for Madden 11.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:29 AM   #21
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDogg09
It's because the past players don't know that it is user-created. If somebody uploads a video with a past player to YouTube, the NFLPA and other past players would assume that Madden included the players without paying them.
Whether the past players know its user-created or not doesn't change the fact that the content is in fact user-created and EA ultimately isn't responsible for what sort of content is generated with the provided tools. Just like with online play, where there's all the disclaimers about how the ESRB rating may change online and video game companies aren't liable for what happens online, user-generated content is a similar situation, so far as I know.

A Youtube video is different because it's likely of an NFL Films clip, which the NFL owns and can make a copyright claim on to get it taken down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 12:37 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Whether the past players know its user-created or not doesn't change the fact that the content is in fact user-created and EA ultimately isn't responsible for what sort of content is generated with the provided tools. Just like with online play, where there's all the disclaimers about how the ESRB rating may change online and video game companies aren't liable for what happens online, user-generated content is a similar situation, so far as I know.

A Youtube video is different because it's likely of an NFL Films clip, which the NFL owns and can make a copyright claim on to get it taken down.
QFT.

This is a very good post.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:50 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 12

i just want to be able to upload,download and create as many team alternate and throwback jerseys as possible. PLEASE make it happen EA!!
Old 04-29-2009, 12:52 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:

You're right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »