Home

Teambuilder (ideas to help get this feature in Madden)

This is a discussion on Teambuilder (ideas to help get this feature in Madden) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2009, 11:14 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 12
Re: Teambuilder (ideas to help get this feature in Madden)

This whole Jim Brown thing has screwed up one of my favorite things about the NFL, the history. Teambuilder would be great, but not if we couldn't create historic teams on it. Here is what I don't get though... I can create an all-time Syracuse team on NCAA's Teambuilder and make HB #44 Jim Brown and all is fine. Why can't we just have Teambuilder on Madden 11 just like NCAA's, minus the the edit the roster part. We could just have the logo, uniform, stadium, playbook, and generic roster. Then when we get the team downloaded on our personal console, we can do what we want. Hell, even on NCAA I'm still going to edit the equipment for all the guys I named. That shouldn't be a problem on Madden. There are throwback jerseys in the Madden already, why would it be so difficult for us re-create throwback uniforms. We should be allowed to upload any image we want, any NFL logo past or present. Jim Brown don't own the '57 Cleveland Browns, he owns his likeness. So, my bottom line...
Teambuilder in Madden 11...
All the freedom that NCAA's Teambuilder has with...
NO NAMING PLAYERS!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:33 PM   #58
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicetat2
This whole Jim Brown thing has screwed up one of my favorite things about the NFL, the history. Teambuilder would be great, but not if we couldn't create historic teams on it. Here is what I don't get though... I can create an all-time Syracuse team on NCAA's Teambuilder and make HB #44 Jim Brown and all is fine. Why can't we just have Teambuilder on Madden 11 just like NCAA's, minus the the edit the roster part. We could just have the logo, uniform, stadium, playbook, and generic roster. Then when we get the team downloaded on our personal console, we can do what we want. Hell, even on NCAA I'm still going to edit the equipment for all the guys I named. That shouldn't be a problem on Madden. There are throwback jerseys in the Madden already, why would it be so difficult for us re-create throwback uniforms. We should be allowed to upload any image we want, any NFL logo past or present. Jim Brown don't own the '57 Cleveland Browns, he owns his likeness. So, my bottom line...
NO NAMING PLAYERS!!!
Love this idea, and could easily work, the only thing now though to make this worth anything though is to add historic stadiums and historic logos.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 07-09-2009, 11:44 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 50

A Teambuilder would be GREAT,
as long as EA dosen't get sued
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 07-10-2009, 12:21 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Love this idea, and could easily work, the only thing now though to make this worth anything though is to add historic stadiums and historic logos.
That's what I don't get. How are the NFL logos and uniforms, past or present affected by this. I would think Jim Brown's lawsuit would of only affected the use of his name or his likeness. I would assume the NFL and the owners would have the final word over the usage of their trademark logos. All the retired players can fight for the right of their personalities, but they can't say anything about the use of the logo of the franchises they played for. It just seems, for instance, Jerry Jones and Roger Goddell would has the last say on the Dallas Cowboys' "star" being adding to a video game. The results of a lawsuit against retired players should ONLY affect their likeness, not the logo that was on the side of their helmet. I heard there would be legal issues for using NFL logos in something like Teambuilder, I just don't get why? There are NFL logos on NCAA's Teambuilder site right now for crying out loud. We should be able to put any logo we want in Madden if this Teambuilder ever crossed over. I'll name my own players on my console...
starting with HB #32 Jim Brown...lol
Old 07-10-2009, 02:29 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
I would love to have both historic logos and stadiums, but I just don't see it happening. Would be awesome though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 02:32 AM   #62
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicetat2
NO NAMING PLAYERS!!!
Your idea pleases me. You shall have an extra helping of slop for breakfast.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:34 AM   #63
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

the reason why it's not in madden is because they took the effort to focus their efforts into something that was worth while and needed to be fixed and revamped. Not like the "other" product that just attached a 10 to the box and had the same tron jogging, robot running mechanics that needed to be fixed 2 ncaa's ago.
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Old 07-10-2009, 08:12 AM   #64
Rookie

Apollo's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
the reason why it's not in madden is because they took the effort to focus their efforts into something that was worth while and needed to be fixed and revamped. Not like the "other" product that just attached a 10 to the box and had the same tron jogging, robot running mechanics that needed to be fixed 2 ncaa's ago.
I believe this thread is talking about adding it to Madden11.

Last edited by Apollo; 07-10-2009 at 08:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »