Home

This game (and NCAA) will never compete with MLB the show and NBA 2k...

This is a discussion on This game (and NCAA) will never compete with MLB the show and NBA 2k... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 01:41 PM   #25
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: This game (and NCAA) will never compete with MLB the show and NBA 2k...

My OVR just went down....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 01:42 PM   #26
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by arseniotall
heard that one before.lol
Well it's true
Old 04-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 28

Dude I was the biggest NBA 2K fan since before this http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10828 post but I'll tell you right now NBA 2K9 is nothing close to a sim. Don't take my word for it, they themselves admit they mixed arcade (or "fun" as they put it) with some sim. But they failed on the sim part miserably. There are a ton of things wrong with that game. If NBA 2K9 continues half the things they're doing wrong and EA does half the things they are posting in this forum then they'll EASILY surpass 2K10 in the sim department. 2K is falling off son, best believe it.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #28
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie_madroxxxx
alright i clicked on one of those links detailing all the customization i could do, and i saw how there is a place to modify cpu skill and user skill? but what exactly is behind those buttons?

cause if its not mass, MASS sliders you can adjust, who cares about anything else that can be customized.
So you didn't see the option for game speed, game speed differential, fatigue, penalties, etc.?
Old 04-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #29
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie_madroxxxx
in terms of being a solid sim. i mean look at those games, what do they have? just good graphics, even better gameplay and very solid presentation. that's it. they don't mess with all these gimmicks which madden seems to do every year, they add stupid new features (usually at the expense of some game changing feature they added next year which never lives up to hype)

now, i understand some people are into this, so be it. i'm just saying if you want to play like a 10 year franchise or dynasty these games will never compare as sims to those two games.

case and point, first news i hear from ncaa 10 is the new create a team thing, wtf? ok, i understand some people are into this, but give me a break, the mess that game was last year and that's the first news they release? nothing about how the gameplay is going to be fixed. ehhh, oh well, another year i will buy ncaa and madden hoping for a decent sim experience, another year i will not finish one season of either of them, and another year i will wait for the nex 2k9 and mlb the show games to come out and be playing them for months.
Ill give you the show they did a good job, 2k9 did use a gimmick and it was called 2k insider and that sht a joke.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #30
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

"Never" is absolute. Never say never.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

yeah, i saw them, but i don't care about them. let me rephrase that, i do care about penalty and fatigue sliders, but i would assume that was a give in that those were in the game. and the game speed sounds interesting.

but what i want is sliders controlling passing ability, running ability, blocking ability, etc. without those things, i mean, i'm sorry the game just isn't going to work for me.

the excuse that games should be played good out of the box is one of the stupidest things i've ever heard 'cause everyone wants something different.

for example, the guy that just talked about the 2k9 game not being a sim. that is correct, it wasn't a sim at all out of the box. but look at all the sliders that game had, believe me after tweaking the sliders, i got a very good basketball sim experience.

that's how important sliders are, if 2k9 doesn't have them, i'm done with that game quicker than i am with madden.

so, now, does anyone know what kind of things can be adjusted in cpu and user skill?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
So you didn't see the option for game speed, game speed differential, fatigue, penalties, etc.?
I remember reading that within each of those options (the screen was from an early build/design) you would be able to go into each one and then there would be a multitude of options to change and 'slide' to your preference.

I like the idea of having all these customization options, something that has been missing and IS in games such as NBA 2k and MLB The Show, so you do have a point jamie_madroxxxx

I just, as you, hope that there are sliders for player performance as mentioned.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »