Home

This game (and NCAA) will never compete with MLB the show and NBA 2k...

This is a discussion on This game (and NCAA) will never compete with MLB the show and NBA 2k... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: This game (and NCAA) will never compete with MLB the show and NBA 2k...

is 2k insider the thing where they update rosters and attributes? 'cause if it is i never touched it anyway.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #34
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie_madroxxxx
ummm, how bout not, if you don't want to post any info, that's fine, i've already read through about 4 pages on both madden and ncaa forums.

on ncaa the last 4 pages was about 90 percent people asking about this team builder thing, and on madden it was people asking questions with no responses.

can someone just tell me about sliders, please, that's all i ask. what's the word?
All the new information is on the very first page and very first post because the main poster just kept editing that post to make it easy to find.

Now back on topic. I agree the Show has done an excellent job but even that still has its flaws. Another thing to remember is this Madden/NCAA team took over basically broken games and once you read all the new info you will be impressed with how much these guys have done to improve the game. Plus they haven't even released all the new information yet.

Another thing to note is you say the Show doesn't have to come out with a gimmick thing but what do you think the Road To The Show is? It is a gimmick to get people to buy their game over another baseball game. Also NBA 2k9 sucked big time and wasn't anywhere close to being a good game. Sure the graphics were good but that is about it.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:58 PM   #35
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

but what i want is sliders controlling passing ability, running ability, blocking ability, etc. without those things, i mean, i'm sorry the game just isn't going to work for me.
There was sliders to control all those things in 09 so why are you complaining?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 02:00 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Seems like this post should be written in crayon.
LMAO

Hadn't heard this one before...
Old 04-28-2009, 02:03 PM   #37
Rookie

point is, i need sliders. there has never been one sports game i really enjoyed playing for an extended period of time that didn't have a great slider set. its just how i play, i constantly tweak and randomize sliders to get a realistic feel of playing. i understand that's now what everyone enjoys and that's fine.

but look at how every sports game has their own forum dedicated to sliders and there are always tons of posts in there and people working for hours, literally hours if not days to provide good sliders for other people. how someone making a game, escpecially someone that visits this site and sees that, but doesn't put it at the top of their must do list is beyond me.

now it looks like its still possible, 'cause from what i'm gathering we don't know what's behind the cpu/user skill buttons yet, but i'm def afraid it's just going to be something like passing skill, running skill, def awareness, int's. and that's about it, if that.

where in reality it should be qb awr, qb short acc, qb deep acc, qb pocket awareness, qb arm strength, qb scramble ability, and that just for the quarterbacks.

now i do realize that is a lot of sliders, but 2k9 and the show are nearly on that level right now, and above all their is absolutely no excuse that madden isn't at least working on getting there if they can't be actually there this year.

i mean there was less sliders last year then there was in madden 02, that is inexcusable.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:06 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
yeah, i saw them, but i don't care about them. let me rephrase that, i do care about penalty and fatigue sliders, but i would assume that was a give in that those were in the game. and the game speed sounds interesting.

but what i want is sliders controlling passing ability, running ability, blocking ability, etc. without those things, i mean, i'm sorry the game just isn't going to work for me.

the excuse that games should be played good out of the box is one of the stupidest things i've ever heard 'cause everyone wants something different.

for example, the guy that just talked about the 2k9 game not being a sim. that is correct, it wasn't a sim at all out of the box. but look at all the sliders that game had, believe me after tweaking the sliders, i got a very good basketball sim experience.

that's how important sliders are, if 2k9 doesn't have them, i'm done with that game quicker than i am with madden.

so, now, does anyone know what kind of things can be adjusted in cpu and user skill?
And that's the point. I like to go online and battle in ranked matches. NBA 2K9 is unplayable as a sim online in ranked games.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:07 PM   #39
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

NBA 2k9 is a beautiful game, but the CPU AI is horrible. I hope Madden is better than that.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-28-2009, 02:07 PM   #40
Rookie

by the way i'm not new to this site, i have a new username 'cause i lost all ways of retrieving my old one.

and last year i did see right around when 09 was relased that the ian dude did seem like he was really going to try and make a really good game this time around. so i have more hope for this years game than any of the recent ones.

i'm just trying to make a preemptive strike, i'm done getting so excited and then let down.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »