Home

Anyone else HATE this animation?

This is a discussion on Anyone else HATE this animation? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Anyone else HATE this animation?

Its a good animation it just needs to not happen as much and when it does it should only happen to small guys.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
In general, EA doesn't seem to track their anmation usage at all. Animations should be on queues, and popped from the queue when used, and put back at the bottom of the queue so they don't come into play again for awhile. There should be a player profile queue.

Same for commentary. The commentary is so repetitive. I had heard everything specific about Romo and the Cowboys by game 2. Literally. Save those specific comments and use them sparingly! And, once used, don't use them again for a good long while.
I could of sworn I heard them mention that they could track animation usage. I know they can track play usages but can't remember about animation.

I like the idea of having queues, but for that to happen I think they would need to have multiple animations of animations happening at certain angles. (Not sure if that made sense lol)

This reminds me of the facemask problem in 09. Still remember that explantion that the reason some faskmask animation never came up because certain angles needed to be taken and other factors.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:38 PM   #19
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Yup I freakin hate it! That and a good dozen others need to be removed. Send that piece of crap to the animation walk of shame....
Old 04-28-2009, 07:39 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
In general, EA doesn't seem to track their anmation usage at all. Animations should be on queues, and popped from the queue when used, and put back at the bottom of the queue so they don't come into play again for awhile. There should be a player profile queue.

Same for commentary. The commentary is so repetitive. I had heard everything specific about Romo and the Cowboys by game 2. Literally. Save those specific comments and use them sparingly! And, once used, don't use them again for a good long while.
No animations should be based on whats happening on the field and who's doing what to who.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #21
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodeus
So true. I always get the one about how "hes always got a smile on his face."
"There's just something magical about Tony Romo.."

I like the little tidbits of player specific commentary, but there are not enough for the players that they cover, and they don't cover enough players! They should do some for defensive guys as well, and for return guys like Hester and Bush.

I'm sick of hearing about Willis McGahee's knee injury in college every time he touches the ball. It's just stupid. Nonetheless, a very nice feature that was new in 09 that has a lot of potential!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 07:50 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
I also really hate the animation that WR's do, they will turn around 180 degrees to catch a ball even when they are WIDE OPEN. It is so annoying, it usually means they lose any sort of separation they have gained from burning their DB, cause they have to turn another 180 and then start running towards the endzone with no momentum.
^^^
THIS animation is SOOOOOOO annoying. A receiver runs a drag route and is past the DB with room ahead. You throw the ball, maybe leading towards the sideline away from the DB, and right before the ball gets to him, he spins around and loses ALL momentum. DB catches up and then the play is over. DUMB.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:54 PM   #23
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
No animations should be based on whats happening on the field and who's doing what to who.
Agreed, but lets hope they have more than one animation for each circumstance.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #24

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Brandon Jacobs doesn't usually get hit like that, but I would like to see this in madden. This is not exclusive to Jacobs, I just want hurdles to be more dangerous. Of course they don't happen alot, but this proves that once you go airbourne anyone can get jacked up. It would be rare but it would be nice to see hits like this every once in while.

It would have to be a situation like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_TUVAvLQhQ

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »