Home

Where is the balance?

This is a discussion on Where is the balance? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Where is the balance?

First let me say I appreciate what the developers are doing and that alone will probably get me to buy this game. I respect the deep community involvement they have.

However, I don't know that I will be playing Madden online at all this year because the features I see all make it sound as if we are going back to the 92-71 days of Madden.

Wildcat, breaking tackles, wrestling for fumbles, qb evasion....it just sounds like the you are handing the cheesers a silver platter. Yeah, all these things are good ideas and in the grand scheme of things make a more realistic game.

The problem is the grand scheme through 09 has pretty much fallen on its face in support of a realistic game where these additions could gracefully take their place. Now it just got that much easier to exploit the already unbalanced defense.

I know playing the CPU you wont see the wildcat called every play. Or a QB evade every play as he sprints to the far left sideline and unleashes a perfect cross field bomb off his back foot. Or WR making circus catches in double coverage who then break three tackles on their way to a quick six. Or a RB bust up the middle into a pile of five guys and just when you think he is down, out he comes, bodies flying everywhere.

Sorry, I just don't see how this is going to be balanced online. Everything put in the game this year seems scream EXPLOIT ME!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
Rookie

JB0B0's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Where is the balance?

trust me man, the devs arent dumb. they put these things in the game, but also made them so that they arent unbalanced. they even said the defense's ai was tweaked to defend against the wildcat. it will be fine, trust me....and if not, they can patch it up soon after
Old 04-28-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Meh, you're right and wrong. Seems like a lot of what they are doing caters to a sim style of ball. The throw on the run rating, the OLine/DLine interactions making it more difficult to get outside the pocket, the adaptive AI making money plays less effective. I think we'll be ok.

I generally stay away from ranked games. Tough to get my online fix, thats why we need an online franchise. I've got a great group of sim guys in my NCAA online dynasty. Makes playing online soooooo much better.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #4
Rookie

JB0B0's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
Meh, you're right and wrong. Seems like a lot of what they are doing caters to a sim style of ball. The throw on the run rating, the OLine/DLine interactions making it more difficult to get outside the pocket, the adaptive AI making money plays less effective. I think we'll be ok.

I generally stay away from ranked games. Tough to get my online fix, thats why we need an online franchise. I've got a great group of sim guys in my NCAA online dynasty. Makes playing online soooooo much better.
online franchise would keep me on madden from august to august...not to mention it would sell many more copies
Old 04-28-2009, 06:49 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB0B0
online franchise would keep me on madden from august to august...not to mention it would sell many more copies

Amen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 39

give it a chance first.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:35 PM   #7
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Sorry, I just don't see how this is going to be balanced online. Everything put in the game this year seems scream EXPLOIT ME!
NFL Teams are NOT balanced. That's one of the problems with playing a NFL game online, and one of the benefits of 2K Sports APF2K8 'strategy' based football where ideally teams are balanced.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:35 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

I seriously hope glitchers will not find a way to win every fumble under the pile....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »