Home

Button Mash WHY!!!!!!!???????

This is a discussion on Button Mash WHY!!!!!!!??????? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2009, 02:37 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Button Mash WHY!!!!!!!???????

any idea is good, button mashing, or even the thumbstick idea is good...

but as many others have said, take away the meter that shows who is winning the battle, that really does ruin the suspense of who will come out with the ball...

maybe theoption of turning off the meter would be cool?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 02:44 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
See, saying things like this is what causes problems.

How do you know this or say it as fact? There are many reasons why some people don't want button mashing in sports games.

Personally, I would prefer that ratings and physics determines who gets the ball over a random sequence of button mashing. It has nothing to do with my "button mashing skills".

I don't de-value your opinion for wanting button mashing in the game. Why do you feel the need to say the only people complaining are the people who suck at it?

I would love to see it as an option so everyone is content.

And even if people didn't want it in because they suck at button mashing, would that be so wrong? Not everyone plays online and we play our franchises for the most realism we can get. If someone sucks at this, is it fair for them to know that going into every pileup they will lose it???
Yeah fair enough I dunno why I put that in my post.

But yeah for the people that can't button mash hopefully there will be a slider for 'Chance of Fumble recovery' or whatever which tweaks how fast you have to press the button to contest for control.

Also I don't think its purely down to button mashing didn't the article say it would be down to size and strength of players as well. eg. You'll have to button mash faster if your a WR vs a D-Line man at the bottom of the pile and vice-a-versa?!
Old 04-29-2009, 02:45 AM   #67
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

It's microsoft guys. They want you to wear out your controllers to buy new ones Thats been the plan all along. But really I think this feature is going to be good for the game.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:47 AM   #68
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

The irony is, button mashing makes more sense in this situation than any other game. How do you portray the "struggle" of fighting for a ball at the bottom of the pile? You make the user press a series of buttons to recover the ball.

People are complaining about how not "sim" this is.....Is flicking a stick to hit someone "sim"? Is holding a button down to build a "charge" (2K5) sim? This is a video game guys.....You can't build EVERYTHING around realism. At some point you have to include a certain level of "fun factor". People fail to realize that this game is appreciated by more than just the hardcore crowd. In fact, the hardcore gamers make up a very small percentage of the Madden crowd. So some of these things are in the game for the purpose of keeping the game accessible to the average gamer.

Like I mentioned earlier, how often are we going to see fumbles in a game? I highly doubt we'll see this more than once every other game,if that....So people are panicking for absolutely no reason right now.

Hey if you hate the idea that much, just go to the sliders and adjust everybody's "carry" rating to 99......
Old 04-29-2009, 02:49 AM   #69
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
as a hardcore fan i love the idea of having to fight for the ball.. keep the button mash.....add a fumble recovery attribute or somethin
No more unnecessary attributes. There are already enough of those. If they are going to use attributes use toughness and strength.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:51 AM   #70

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkzilla
Yeah fair enough I dunno why I put that in my post.

But yeah for the people that can't button mash hopefully there will be a slider for 'Chance of Fumble recovery' or whatever which tweaks how fast you have to press the button to contest for control.

Also I don't think its purely down to button mashing didn't the article say it would be down to size and strength of players as well. eg. You'll have to button mash faster if your a WR vs a D-Line man at the bottom of the pile and vice-a-versa?!
I must have missed that and that is great. My only concern with this implementation was that it would become a 50/50 crapshoot without any other factors involved.

I mentioned it in another thread (or maybe this one), I think it should be harder to get the ball away from someone who gets there first than it is to just simply keep possession.

I have made it clear that I personally am against mashing, however, if it is implemented correctly and well implemented, I won't have a problem using it.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:53 AM   #71

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
It's microsoft guys. They want you to wear out your controllers to buy new ones Thats been the plan all along. But really I think this feature is going to be good for the game.
I thought EA made this game?

Am I immune to this since I play on ps3?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 02:58 AM   #72
Banned

OVR: 13

Not a fan of mashing at all. I like the idea of fumble fights, but I'd rather see more varied & realistic fumble recoveries (what with the botched scoop & score attempts, guys diving on the ground, offense trying to bat it out of bounds, etc.) rather than a flow-breaking "Mash X To Not Die" minigame.

It's one thing to lose a fumble recovery pre-2010 (forget Madden 10, it's Madden 21 and I know it!); how much more frustrating will it be when a game-deciding fumble recovery doesn't go your way after you mashed your controller into dust trying to win it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »