Home

Franchise Mode - Highlight Show?

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode - Highlight Show? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2009, 12:18 AM   #1
Pro

OG_McNabb's Arena

OVR: 6
Franchise Mode - Highlight Show?

Maybe I missed it but I didnt see anyone post anything about this.

Enhanced Franchise Mode – Run each aspect of an NFL franchise: draft players, sign free agents, manage the salary cap - just like a real GM. Enjoy all of the action throughout the league via a new, network inspired highlight show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 12:27 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 19
Re: Franchise Mode - Highlight Show?

People have talked about, but i haven't seen a thread specific to it. I was stoked when reading this. The GM statment really got me excited. I'm trying not to get to high for it cause every year something said about franchise and then nothing.

The highlight show sounds really cool
Old 04-29-2009, 12:28 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_McNabb
Maybe I missed it but I didnt see anyone post anything about this.

Enhanced Franchise Mode – Run each aspect of an NFL franchise: draft players, sign free agents, manage the salary cap - just like a real GM. Enjoy all of the action throughout the league via a new, network inspired highlight show.
thats all we really know about franchise and presentation we are all waiting to hear more about franchise and presentation.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:38 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyhobbs321813
thats all we really know about franchise and presentation we are all waiting to hear more about franchise and presentation.
july is so far away man
Old 04-29-2009, 01:09 AM   #5
Rookie

OP, just be sure to temper your expectations. I am looking at the back of Madden 08 right now:

Quote:
ALL-NEW FRONT OFFICE MODE
Take the reigns of an NFL franchise and manage the entire operation from the top down. From building stadiums to drafting key players, you have complete control of one of the deepest game modes in franchise history.
The hype you quoted was from marketing. Marketing tends to promise the world without regard to what the developers actually put in the game.

I'm not saying I doubt Ian and co., I'm saying that you should wait to hear what they were able to add to franchise mode before getting excited about the possibility of RFAs, holdouts, etc. In fact, I have complete faith that Ian and the HC developers will deliver a much-improved franchise mode to the best of their ability and will be a strong step in the direction toward being a 100% sim of what it's like to be a GM. It's the EA marketing that I do not trust. EA marketing always promises the word, and past Madden teams have usually failed to deliver totally. The current dev. is unfortunately hindered by the lack of success from prior teams and it'll be another year or two before they can fully realize the awesome potential of franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 01:34 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

no more owners box?
either way I'm excited to see what has been changed this year. franchise is one of the only reasons I play madden now.
as long as the other teams show some life and interact with eachother
Old 04-29-2009, 02:52 AM   #7
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graffititech
no more owners box?
either way I'm excited to see what has been changed this year. franchise is one of the only reasons I play madden now.
as long as the other teams show some life and interact with eachother
Owner mode has not been on the next Gen console yet. The last time I played in onwer mode was on ps2 madden 07. I wish they would give us that option back. Just run all as[ect of franchise mode period.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:08 AM   #8
Pro

OG_McNabb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieTheD
OP, just be sure to temper your expectations. I am looking at the back of Madden 08 right now:

The hype you quoted was from marketing. Marketing tends to promise the world without regard to what the developers actually put in the game.

I'm not saying I doubt Ian and co., I'm saying that you should wait to hear what they were able to add to franchise mode before getting excited about the possibility of RFAs, holdouts, etc. In fact, I have complete faith that Ian and the HC developers will deliver a much-improved franchise mode to the best of their ability and will be a strong step in the direction toward being a 100% sim of what it's like to be a GM. It's the EA marketing that I do not trust. EA marketing always promises the word, and past Madden teams have usually failed to deliver totally. The current dev. is unfortunately hindered by the lack of success from prior teams and it'll be another year or two before they can fully realize the awesome potential of franchise mode.
Believe me I understand the hype machine. I've never seen them say anything about a Highlight show though. So what you typed about the Marketing of 08 it totally different. I'm only curious about the highlight show......nothing more nothing less.

Enjoy all of the action throughout the league via a new, network inspired highlight show.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »