Home

Option to have CPU kick FG's

This is a discussion on Option to have CPU kick FG's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2009, 09:50 AM   #9
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Option to have CPU kick FG's

Haven't played the 360 version, but on the other versions, you could just "pause" then move the controller icon to the middle, and go back to the came. Would that work?
Old 04-29-2009, 09:53 AM   #10
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

I am lousy at punting, so when it's time for me to punt (against the CPU), I do that skip ahead one play thingy (I forget the name).
Old 04-29-2009, 10:02 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've nearly posted something like this several times. I've always wanted to have the ability to have the cpu kick. Thanks for posting it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #12
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

I enjoy kicking myself, if there was a challenge to it. With the current system in place I would love the option of CPU kicking just so I would have a chance of missing one. But if EA would revamp the kicking game and make it more of a challenge then I would always human kick.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:38 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 8

I don't like ANY idea that takes away player control. I would rather see better gameplay mechanics added to the kicking system that reflected real attributes.

They had something like this in APF with the moving arrow and everyone cried about it till they patched it. In APF you could also hook and fade the kick.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:01 PM   #14
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

I don't know if I'd like having the CPU kick for me all the time...having an option to turn it on/off would be fine, so that it appeases most people (but isn't this the same thing as super-simming a play, but letting you watch it?)

I'd really hate (and I'm sure most players would) driving down to the 25 with the seconds ticking off, just to have my kicker come up and....shank the kick. I lose the superbowl, through no fault of my own, but because my idiot kicker can't get the job done.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
I'd really hate (and I'm sure most players would) driving down to the 25 with the seconds ticking off, just to have my kicker come up and....shank the kick. I lose the superbowl, through no fault of my own, but because my idiot kicker can't get the job done.
Jim Kelly agrees with you.
But I'm a terrible joystick jockey, I let the cpu throw for me most of the time, and I'd hate to lose a game because I'm too uncoordinated enough to kick the damn ball. I turn on auto-fielding in baseball games because it's really frustrating to have a ground ball to the second basemen turn into a double because I panic and throw it home instead of first.
I envision this would be only an option for people who like to see more random chance or aren't very good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 12:37 PM   #16
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxnsox
Jim Kelly agrees with you.
But I'm a terrible joystick jockey, I let the cpu throw for me most of the time, and I'd hate to lose a game because I'm too uncoordinated enough to kick the damn ball. I turn on auto-fielding in baseball games because it's really frustrating to have a ground ball to the second basemen turn into a double because I panic and throw it home instead of first.
I envision this would be only an option for people who like to see more random chance or aren't very good.
I agree, which is why I dont mind if it is an on/off option...or if they let you watch super-simmed plays this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »