Home

Difference Between Models in Madden and APF2K8

This is a discussion on Difference Between Models in Madden and APF2K8 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2009, 05:11 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Difference Between Models in Madden and APF2K8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
For some reason everyone keeps pointing to the Replay framerate as an explanation for the gameplay stutter (anim8tor, Ian, and now you). The replays when played slowly look amazing, it's when the game plays at normal speed (not via the replay, but the game itself) that there are issues with missing frames / stuttering of the images.
I think you are the only one seeing this "missing frames" problem. I don't anyone, even the devs, really know what your are talking about. The only time I've ever read about missing frames is from Ian way back when. He was explaining to us why the videos on EASportsWorld look so bad. They are compressed and therefore missing actually missing frames making the animations look like crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2009, 05:36 AM   #66
All Star

OVR: 33

Valderez brings the 'missing frames' problem up in every other post. And no one ever responds. Or cares. I don't think anyone knows what he is really talking about.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:34 AM   #67
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

No one from EA has ever responded. Like I said before, I think it's one of the primary reasons that people say the game looks robotic and isn't as fluid as 2K's games. Now I know you guys have read that before. If the animations aren't as fluid, how else do you explain it? If there's a more appropriate way to explain it then let me know and I will adapt that vernacular.

Last edited by Valdarez; 05-03-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #68
Rookie

whoady4shoady's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaReaper09
Yes, the human eye can only see 30 FPS. But, if you look at the difference in graphics and detail between the 360 and PS3 versions of NCAA Football 08, you will know why 60 FPS is a good thing.
This can not be farther from the truth, and has been proven wrong time and time again.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #69
Rookie

red butler's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
For some reason everyone keeps pointing to the Replay framerate as an explanation for the gameplay stutter (anim8tor, Ian, and now you). The replays when played slowly look amazing, it's when the game plays at normal speed (not via the replay, but the game itself) that there are issues with missing frames / stuttering of the images.
Quote:
No one from EA has ever responded. Like I said before, I think it's one of the primary reasons that people say the game looks robotic and isn't as fluid as 2K's games. Now I know you guys have read that before. If the animations aren't as fluid, how else do you explain it? If there's a more appropriate way to explain it then let me know and I will adapt that vernacular.

I think I know exactly what you're talking about. When I first watched the running animation video, I thought the runner kept his knees bent at 90 degrees throughout the entire running cycle. When I paused the video, I was able to see the knees bending and straightening. In slow motion it looks really fluid. But, when viewing 60 fps, if there aren't enough frames being used to blend the animation, the human eye can't pick it up. The result is an animation that isn't fluid. Another problem may be that the animations blend too fast and the brain can't process every frame. The brain would probably only pick up the beginning and end of the stride since there is very little change between each frame. That could be why the knee height sticks out so much. It's hard to explain, but I think I know where you're coming from.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »