Home

Madden First Impressions G4

This is a discussion on Madden First Impressions G4 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden First Impressions G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlyGilmore
The defense rests your honor.
???

― Plato
Old 04-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #18
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

All I have to say is that girl off of Cheat is the only reason G4 still get Ratings.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 04-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4
Tiburon's focus with Madden NFL 10 is bringing the player back into the game, focusing on the fans, and making the player fight for every yard. The game has a different feel right from the main menu, which has a new look for the 2010 version. Instead of the stylized menu with team specific players, it will feature real photos and posterized shots of great players. It’s really something that needs to be seen, but it’s completely different from anything you’ve seen out of Madden before.
Art did a great job here. I asked for this for the entire time I was here and they delivered. People will really like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4
Technically, the graphics are basically last year's with one notable upgrade being shown off.
This one is still up in the air for me. In the Alpha I didn't think the changes to the overall were dramatic, but I wasn't expecting that this late in the generation anyway. But the number of new accessories (Towels and Handwarmers) really made it stand out. The player models looked better than a lot of what they've been showing on line though. I thought the players in the Alpha really looked bigger and that's what I was hoping for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4
In the replay system, the camera will utilize a depth of field effect and bring close players into focus in very high detail. It will also blur the background to give the illusion of true camera focus. It's an interesting feature to confine to a replay system unless Tiburon is going to allow replay video uploads to their website. A boy can dream, can't he?
This isn't true unless they've changed something since I played. You could see blur effects during pre and post-play, not just on replays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4
EA promises a wealth of multiplayer options for both casual and hardcore players with new options for competitive and cooperative play. Unfortunately, they aren't ready to reveal these features just yet. Beyond that, the gameplay seemed largely the same as Madden 09, which is fine. I don't expect them to change the formula too much. It'll be interesting to see which of these features become Madden staples and which only get a year in the spotlight (QB Vision, anyone?).
Nope. Dead wrong.

The difference in feel between 10 and 09 is night and day and it's impossible not to notice that the very first time you drop back for a pass... and 10 is the better here, plus you can tweak the feel to your liking.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 04-29-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:08 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Most magzines,shows, and the main gaming websites don't follow sports,racing sims, and some other genres closely enough to be accurate when judging progress. It's one huge downside of trying to cover everything.

Last edited by raz77; 04-29-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:08 PM   #21
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Yeah, well - gloating about it doesn't help AT ALL. Personally, I would like to hear what some of you have to say about the things you are allowed to talk about.

Maybe write your own blogs about Franchise Mode (Draft Classes, Free Agency, Highlight shows and a few other things have been mentioned openly by EA/ESPN) - why has no one with hands on experience talked at length about these things?
i wouldn't say that's gloating. i'm just getting punchy from too much madden talk and trying to recall minute details from Thursday.

Anyway, we didn't have a hand-on experience with the game. We sat down with some folks from EA, who controlled the game and only showed you what they had decided before the event they were going to show you.

That's why most of the stories you are seeing are very similar - EA had a set list of things they were going to show you and talk about. Nobody had a chance to get into the franchise, see anything online aspects, etc.

It would have been great to get the controller, dissect the game for an hour and then ask questions - but then EA would have nothing else to talk about from now until August.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 01:09 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 16

I don't know if the previewer for this knew what he was talking about?

I mean anyone who played Madden 09 last year knew you could upload replays to EASPORTS website. Also we've seen ourselves the different graphics and gameplay improvements.... To say its merely the same as CRAZY!
Old 04-29-2009, 01:09 PM   #23
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
???
Was a joke. They were talking about G4's lack of sports gaming knowledge, and it was pointed out he was begging the gods for a feature that was already in the game.

Thus, the defense rests.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:10 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 39

G4 ...lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »