Home

Madden First Impressions G4

This is a discussion on Madden First Impressions G4 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2009, 02:43 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Madden First Impressions G4

Morgan Webb is hott, that's all i have to add to this thread.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:51 AM   #58
My Head Hurts

jnofx's Arena

OVR: 11

Yeah, this "preview" is a copy n paste job. And yeah, I'd do any of the G4 chicas. But, to be honest, that's not saying all that much for them.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:51 PM   #59
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
For someone to say it plays like 09 is beyond me.

I would challenge anyone that played / plays 09 to look us in the face and say the game plays the same. If there's anything the community day guys can agree on it's probably that the game plays very different from last year.
Yup. I said it earlier in this thread - I completely disagree with that statement. The game is noticably different from the moment you first see it.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:55 PM   #60
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Not everyone is a rabid fanboy about Madden games. You may find this hard to believe, but some people are unbiased and have higher standards then just accepting a couple new features added to last year's version of the game.

G4 saw a portion of the game and gave their first impression of it.

If they think the graphics and gameplay are the same as last year, then so be it.

If you guys are gonna trash a preview simply because it's deflating your own personal "hype" for the game, then you might as well plop down your pre-order money and just wait for the game to appear on your doorstep this summer.

I mean, why bother reading any articles if you already made up your mind on a game that's only been 75% revealed? You're getting the game no matter what - there's no need to appoint yourselves un-official PR agents for EA-Tiburon...

I can see you guys attacking every single article/pre-view/review that doesn't kiss EA's or Madden's ***...

That's not much for objectivity.
I don't think it has anything to do with being a rabid fan or follower of the game. It has to do with this guy presumably being a professional reporter for a television station's web site and not having a clue what he was talking about.

If you are going to be reporting on a game you should have at the very least some experience playing the series so you can talk intelligently about it.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:22 PM   #61
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlyGilmore
I don't think it has anything to do with being a rabid fan or follower of the game. It has to do with this guy presumably being a professional reporter for a television station's web site and not having a clue what he was talking about.

If you are going to be reporting on a game you should have at the very least some experience playing the series so you can talk intelligently about it.
I'd agree, but it has been happening for a while now - really don't see the reason people would be angry at this point. Madden benefited tremendously from these same sites essentially giving them a pass and recommending the game during the years when the game wasn't very good. Even the OS review was pretty high on Madden last year if I remember correctly. It's all opinion. The one good thing that may come from the past 3-4 years is that these sites take a more discriminating look at the game, since it seems consumers may not be buying into hype as much as they used to (on the whole)

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 01:34 PM   #62
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
For someone to say it plays like 09 is beyond me.

I would challenge anyone that played / plays 09 to look us in the face and say the game plays the same. If there's anything the community day guys can agree on it's probably that the game plays very different from last year.
Since it looks like 09 and they didn't actually get to play it, I could see how someone could make that statement. Most casual gamers won't notice any of the sim tweaks you guys made this year.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:38 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Since it looks like 09 and they didn't actually get to play it, I could see how someone could make that statement. Most casual gamers won't notice any of the sim tweaks you guys made this year.
i dont think it looks the same at all... but then again, I play madden all year round. you're probably right, casual gamers at a glance might sense some similarity, but I think even then, as soon as you look for more than a few seconds you'll see a lot of changes.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #64
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

If a reviewer didn't play 09, why are they previewing it? It plainly obvious this cat didn't play 09.

And, on top of that, why make a statement like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »