Home

Backbreaker to Ian re: Euphoria...are they trying to build a rivalry?

This is a discussion on Backbreaker to Ian re: Euphoria...are they trying to build a rivalry? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2009, 05:46 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Backbreaker to Ian re: Euphoria...are they trying to build a rivalry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieTheD
As much as they'd like to say that, the fact that they are developing a football game puts them in competition with Madden, NCAA and Blitz. I've no doubt they respect the work done by the Madden team, but the chiding about Ian mis-speaking about Euphoria and the way they've tried to get some free publicity off of Ian's twitter just tells me they're trying to position themselves as some sort of antithesis to Madden.

I don't think they're trying to start a war either, but some good-natured ribbing with the Madden team is certainly giving people a reason to talk about them.
Blitz is owned by Midway which is going under as we speak. They are bankrupt.

From what I have seen, I think they are just poking at the Madden team in a good natured way and having fun with it. Ian is doing the same thing back. It isn't a full-on war or anything.

While BB might turn out to be a cool game, it can't and won't compete with Madden on a retail level.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:47 PM   #74
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Backbreaker is VAPORWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something that doesn't exist can't possibly be better then something that does exist
Old 04-29-2009, 05:55 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 26

I am almost scared to get BB. Honestly...When I played HC 09 I couldnt go back to M09 because the gameplay wasnt good enough to keep playing and the franchise just wasnt there. If I play BB and I like what I feel and see...How could I go back to playing madden? I am already saying that pre-canned antimatinos are not the future and should die with the 90s...But how long will it be before madden catches up with this...?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 06:34 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 6

Some of you guys crack me up. Why would people that love football hate on another football title. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Lets give Backbreaker and Madden 10 the benefit of the doubt till we play them both.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:01 PM   #77
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Man I hope this game releases, and soon. If it doesn't come out, it will become "Saint Backbreaker". The game that would(something that will never be able to be proven or disproven) have revolutionized sports gaming.

It will join "Saint NFL 2k", the martyred game that, because of its demise due to "the evil machinations of EA and the NFL", can only be remembered in the most reverential manner.

One messianic game is enough, we don't need two.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:33 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 7

Based on that video and others we've seen from BacK Breaker Madden's animation technology can't compare.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:40 PM   #79
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I don't purchase sports games because of animation technology. It might look cool as hell and the best thing since sliced bread, but it's all based on the three criteria below for me.

1. Gameplay
2. Presentation
3. Franchise
Old 04-30-2009, 09:48 PM   #80
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

yawn

oops...sorry...i'm dosing off on what-ifs & maybe's

i'll leave now

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »