Home

Backbreaker to Ian re: Euphoria...are they trying to build a rivalry?

This is a discussion on Backbreaker to Ian re: Euphoria...are they trying to build a rivalry? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2009, 02:17 PM   #17
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Backbreaker to Ian re: Euphoria...are they trying to build a rivalry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieTheD
I think most people realize Madden will be a much better product. The only reason anyone even cares about Backbreaker is because of Euphoria. (Aside from the cult of anti-Maddenites who are buying it because it is simply NOT Madden.) If it were not for Euphoria, no one would care about Backbreaker. At least that's how I feel about this game.
I think that this is true, for the most part. All we know about backbreaker, is that it has euphoria, for unique tackles everytime. We don't know anything else...

For those keeping score at home, here is what we know...

Backbreaker: Unique tackling system ensures no two tackles are the same...and thats it.

Madden 10: Refs on the field, QB evasion, Pro-Tak, WR/DB interaction, improved OL/DL interaction, Franchise, improved presentation (so we are told...)...the list goes on.

So until backbreaker actually releases some footage/news, it is and will be a tech demo for euphoria.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
I think that this is true, for the most part. All we know about backbreaker, is that it has euphoria, for unique tackles everytime. We don't know anything else...

Backbreaker: Unique tackling system ensures no two tackles are the same...and thats it.

Madden 10: Refs on the field, QB evasion, Pro-Tak, WR/DB interaction, improved OL/DL interaction, Franchise, improved presentation (so we are told...)...the list goes on.

So until backbreaker actually releases some footage/news, it is and will be a tech demo for euphoria.
Alot more than that man.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:31 PM   #19
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Completely agree here and even if Euphoria works really well i dont see EA buying or using it with what they have in pro-tak. People who have seen Madden 10 running and even played it a bit at the recent Madden 10 CD have said pro-tak looks like the truth.

Now this is a new tech for them so if they can get it to run good for 10 i can see them really polishing and perfecting it in the years ahead.

That said i am looking forward to seeing BB...if anything as an alternative to Madden.

I do see it as a huge tech demo though, and really dont expect it to have any type of franchise mode or anything.(Really hope im wrong though)
MLB: Red Sox, Marlins
NHL: Panthers
http://twitter.com/Badboy49er
Old 04-29-2009, 02:37 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
That's enough for me to peak my interest. But if you go to their forum there's a little bit more then that...
Old 04-29-2009, 02:37 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 8

A lot of things have changed since this game was first announced. There has been a blackout on info for about a year from the BB team. They did announce 11vs11, they also made the statement just recently we think you'll dig our new partner and it's not EA.

The bolded statement leads me to believe it must be one of two people.

1-UBI, the people who now own the Fever franchise from Microsoft.

2-2K and Visual Concepts since they do have experience in the 1st person view even though BB's view is really a modified 1st person view.

The one thing this game will need is an AI engine and there is really only 2 other games out there. I just don't see them keeping quiet so long and making the above statement about their new partner. I don't think it would be possible to DIG any other partner besides the 2 i mentioned.

Last edited by Pro Bowler; 04-29-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 02:37 PM   #22
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Alot more than that man.
Your right it is more than that, i think his point was to say thats the games selling point and claim to fame.

I know the blocking, passing ...ect is supposedly all driven by euphoria as well
MLB: Red Sox, Marlins
NHL: Panthers
http://twitter.com/Badboy49er
Old 04-29-2009, 02:37 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:

Come on guy. We don't know what backbreaker is right now so don't call it out as a tech demo because we don't even know that. Here's what we DO know. Naturalmotion has nothing we can play right now. EA has Madden 09 which was a horrible presentation of football and some old game from 2 years ago is still king of sim football with glitches, idiotic planning (no full customization) and all which is debateable because an even older game on a console they don't even make anymore from 5 years ago is still said to hold the crown. This is what we KNOW right now.

I'm not trying to diss anybody, I'm just keeping it real. I personally don't care if Martha Stewart made a game, if it was a sim and gave me the feeling like I was on the field and I couldn't tell the difference between her game and real life and the gameplay was smooth, intuitive and on point then I don't care how many pots and pans I'd have to buy to get a copy of the game. At this point I'd stand next to her with a pink apron on holding a spoon of soup with my pinky finger sticking out saying "Girl , this is some good soup" if she promised me a copy of that game.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:38 PM   #24
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Thread has "Ian" in the title. Headed for lock city...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »