Home

Will Michael Vick be in the game?

This is a discussion on Will Michael Vick be in the game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2009, 02:34 PM   #201

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Will Michael Vick be in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
When did this thread turn into "Should Michael Vick be ALLOWED back into the NFL"?

I thought this was will he be in the game?

If he gets reinstated, then yes he should be.
If not, then no he should not.

What do dogs or race have to do with that?
You answered your own question. Each of the other 20 times this thread has popped up it turns into what this one has for the simple reason you stated.

For Vick to be in the game, he has to be reinstated.

In order to be reinstated, Goodell has to make the determination based on his actions both before and now.

So everyone pretty much agrees if he is in the NFL he should be in the game, so the only thing left to debate about is should he be let back into the NFL.

However, with regards to race, it IS irrelevant and besides being against TOS, it should have never been brought into the discussion. It is because of that reason that I am amazed this thread is still open (besides the fact this has been discussed and closed because of the same outcome countless times.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #202
Banned

OVR: 12

Damn this post just won't die. Maybe we should call in Vick, I am sure he could give us thousands of ways to torture it to death.

IF he gets reinstated he needs to take a pretty good hit on his ratings. He has been out of football for a long time and is AWR would be much lower then when he left.

I saw some stuff on I think NFL.com were most the "experts" were saying they predict he becomes a WR because of being out of football so long. They said that QB is the hardest position in the game and most teams wouldn't think he could compete after so long. They also predicted that atlanta won't be able to trade him and will cut him. They said more then likely he will get league minimum.

In either case, I would think his accuracy and maybe even throwing power would be lowered as well. He is 29 and that is about the age most players start to slow down as well.

Last edited by stux; 04-30-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:39 PM   #203
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
Damn this post just won't die. Maybe we should call in Vick, I am sure he could give us thousands of ways to torture it to death.

IF he gets reinstated he needs to take a pretty good hit on his ratings. He has been out of football for a long time and is AWR would be much lower then when he left.

I saw some stuff on I think NFL.com were most the "experts" were saying they predict he becomes a WR because of being out of football so long. They said that QB is the hardest position in the game and most teams wouldn't think he could compete after so long. They also predicted that atlanta won't be able to trade him and will cut him. They said more then likely he will get league minimum.

In either case, I would think his accuracy and maybe even throwing power would be lowered as well. He is 29 and that is about the age most players start to slow down as well.
Well he was in prison all there is to do there is workout so I would not be surprised if he will be better if he gets reinstated...I do agree with the AWR rating being a lot lower though....

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 05-02-2009, 12:11 AM   #204
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

How can being out of the league for two years do that much damage to a players, no, a star players football mentality? He knew how to manipulate defenses by having the possibility of running past everyone or throwing. I'm pretty sure he wants to get back into the league so why in the world wouldn't he have been studying? You guys act like the man is stupid or something, he cannot possibly take a hit in ratings because he was out of a league for a little while. Not comparing skills but Michael Jordan left the game for a while back in the 90s, was he a horrible player just because of that? No, being out of the league won't do that much damage especially if he has been training and working out in the pen. You guys have no idea what you are talking about, all you do is bash him and make ignorant jokes everytime you post. Just watch, the next few responses to me are going to have some smart axx making up some stupid joke.

Also, to all the people that say that Donte Stallworth is a worthless piece of trash...WHAT??? Ok, he was drunk, i understand that, but did any of you read the story?

http://www.miamiherald.com/486/story/966134.html

Although he was drunk, he was obviously still able to function properly because he warned the man before that he was coming and the guy didn't move out of the way. Idk, but saying he is a piece of trash also really makes me disgusted with what America is coming to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »