Home

Can we have referees of different ethnicities?

This is a discussion on Can we have referees of different ethnicities? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2009, 11:50 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: Can we have referees of different ethnicities?

It seems that Ian, and EA, need ALOT of help, even thinking about small details such as this. This kind of stuff seems like another no-brainer to me. It doesn't seem that hard to think of. And I could go on about it, but, actually, since being so impressed with Ian's community interaction, I actually believe he would be down with this. And easily understand.
A thread created for it, necessary? Why not? Ian, get on it.

EDIT: I just saw Ian's response. Ian, you are the man, bro!

Last edited by LAKE4742; 04-29-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 11:56 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
UGGHHHH no....not yet. I want this so bad - it's so small but I really think it helps immersion. Still trying to get it in there.
It'd be awesome if you guys could get it in there... While not a make or break feature, it would definitely make the experience more authentic.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:01 AM   #27
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Speaking of flags are penalties actually gonna happen in this game???
Old 04-30-2009, 12:04 AM   #28
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Will the refs have names and different personalities like in MLB 09: The Show? Just like in real life, as mentioned earlier, some referees call more penalties than others. So when you have that one referee who calls Pass Interference all the time you will know that you can take your shots downfield a little more often and probably get a call going your way, or things like that.

I love having certain umpires in The Show because I know one guy who loves to call strike 3 on batters so I'm able to throw breaking balls that break down out of the zone and get those calls. I think this would definitely add to the personality of a Franchise and in general the atmosphere.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:06 AM   #29
All Star

OVR: 33

Hochuli. gAspS.

'Inadvertant whistle'.

Possibly on rookie mode or somethin lol. Where you would retain the ball on luck,.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:07 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Will the refs have names and different personalities like in MLB 09: The Show? Just like in real life, as mentioned earlier, some referees call more penalties than others. So when you have that one referee who calls Pass Interference all the time you will know that you can take your shots downfield a little more often and probably get a call going your way, or things like that.

I love having certain umpires in The Show because I know one guy who loves to call strike 3 on batters so I'm able to throw breaking balls that break down out of the zone and get those calls. I think this would definitely add to the personality of a Franchise and in general the atmosphere.
I know you didnt mean it like this but the first thought that popped into my head was...

Ref mad at you for knocking him over...15 yards for giving him the business.

On a serious note, it would be pretty cool to see refs call games differently.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:03 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
UGGHHHH no....not yet. I want this so bad - it's so small but I really think it helps immersion. Still trying to get it in there.
Is this something that is still possible for Madden 10? Big bummer if not!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 09:12 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
No big deal if you can't get it in. It'd be cool if in 2011 the refs would have a discussion and sometimes pick the flag up... That'd be an awesome ebb and flow of emotions for players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »