Home

CONFIRMED: Devensive assist in M10

This is a discussion on CONFIRMED: Devensive assist in M10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2009, 01:31 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: CONFIRMED: Devensive assist in M10

From what I've read , all this feature is supposed to do is help you control your defense better. Like if you don't know how to control your LB, it will guide you through the play and let you make a move on the ball yourself. And it may help fix problems with when you are controlling a d-lineman and you accidentally switch to a CB when you wanted to switch to the d-lineman that was in range of sacking the QB, while engaged with a o-lineman, taking your CB off the play and giving your opponent a TD probably.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Using your standpoint:

So playing defensive back is hard for you? You know, for many people running or kicking field goals is difficult. I'm sure they would appreciate computer assist. It's only fair.

Why should we limit computer assist only to the position you have difficulty playing. Since we are compensating for your difficulty playing position.

The real issue is player control and position specific animation routines. This is simply a shortcut to cover up a hole.
I wanna see you play corner back from the start of the play and see if you can keep up with the reciever, or keep up with a TE playing line backer without the assist, you will get toasted all day.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:43 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_larry
I wanna see you play corner back from the start of the play and see if you can keep up with the reciever, or keep up with a TE playing line backer without the assist, you will get toasted all day.
True, playing 1v1 man defense,from start to finish, did not work in past versions of the game.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:47 PM   #60
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
So do you want to see computer assist while controlling all player positions in madden? If not it invalidates your argument.
What?

Quote:
" I feel it compensates for what otherwise would be human error on the joysticks."

Well if you made a control error you should be punished for it.
Way to "dumb down" my point to validate yours LOL. If we take a look at real life, players aren't as twitchy controlling their bodies as we are controlling videogame characters. When you try playing cornerback in a football videogame or defending a shifty point guard, as humans, we tend to overpursue or be too agressive. It's the NATURE of playing videogames. No amount of practice will stop human error. Personally, I haven't used the defensive assist, but I can only assume that it'll make for more realistic looking plays when playing tough positions such as CB.

Quote:
It seems people want to take the challenge away from the game but dumbing it down. If there is any issue it would be that the defensive back control and animations need to be tweaked.
Yeah, that's it!

Quote:
I'm not very good at running in the game, maybe Ea should add computer assist to the running game so the running back "does what he whould do in real life".
Or instead, provide sliders to customize the experience ...
Old 04-30-2009, 01:58 PM   #61
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Yeah... I don't even understand the complaints about it either. As stated in this thread multiple time already, defensive assist is already in the game whether they notice it or not. If the defensive player doesn't touch the controller after the hike, defensive assist is in motion until they do. 90% of people I have played against do this every single play already. Randomly, not strategically pick a play, randomly make pre-snap adjustments or blitz, and then let the computer do the play.
BINGO...

Many times while playing game online I've called a defense play ran up stairs for something comeback and my D held its own..
This another example of people trying find fought with EA.. I like this feature..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 02:03 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
CPU controlled players turn into User controlled players at any time the User wants.

You can not touch the controller, let the CPU get lined up on a WR about to catch a ball, press B to switch to that player, and lay the hit stick. That is not different then the defensive assist we are talking about.
If its not different then why do we need it ? Just leave it as is, for def assist just don't move your controller like its always been! right ?
Old 04-30-2009, 02:05 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 12

I like the idea. Maybe I could actually play something other then the D-line on man coverage.

To me the play control was never fluid enough to control a D-back or backer and stay with someone in man coverage.

I hope they keep it and allow me to determine if I want to use it on All-Madden or not. Do not limit me on my offline franchise.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:16 PM   #64
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I like it cause when I switch control to a defender going up for the ball he always slows down or gets out of position cause only two speeds are available. Sprinting and not sprinting so its hard to judge where to be accurately. Older versions had it and it made playin defense a lot better and a lot less frustrating. Its a good thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »