Home

Helmets in Pro-Bowl?

This is a discussion on Helmets in Pro-Bowl? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2009, 12:43 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Helmets in Pro-Bowl?

Will players have their individual team helmets in the pro-bowl this year? I always thought playing the pro-bowl was kind cool b/c is was the one opportunity to use a "fantasy" team during a franchise, but I'd like to see the individual players team helmets back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 12:46 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 11
Re: Helmets in Pro-Bowl?

I love the individual helmets!
It's like an extra "I rep my team, boi!!!"
I think it would probably be rather easy for EA to incorporate this feature (which is realism..)

Old 04-30-2009, 12:48 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

OP

I dont mean to nitpick but did you look back say maybe a page to see if there was anything related to this? Or maybe a seach to see if you could find a thread that already exists about it... There are starting to get a lot of repeat posts in a short period of time. Sorry if I come off as a jerk but it is rather bothersome.

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 04-30-2009 at 12:59 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:55 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 27

if they did this it would be a very yummy addition...(:

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 04-30-2009, 12:56 AM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I think Ian did say something about that. But I don't think they are focusing on that right now. But yea it would be nice to have them back in like in the ps2 days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 01:15 AM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Ian talked about how there was issue with rendering each individual helmet and that on older systems it was easier because the graphics were more limited. Something about how with 22 players and refs and what not that the PS3 and 360 are really being pushed hard as it is and that having each players specific helmet is hard to do.

The only time I seriously have played the pro bowl is the madden games where the team helmets were in. I know 01-04 at leas did not have them. I think they were in 06-08 on legacy gen. Correct me if I am wrong. Loading up a Pro bowl and having generic helmets made me quit/sim-to-finish right away. The pro bowl is meaningless anyway. It's too bad the pro bowl can't be played in mid season like NBA and MLB [unless I am mistaken.] The pro bowl is about playing soft like no intentional grounding and other special rules to prevent inury and safe play. I think this week would also be good for the NFL becasue it helps rehab injuries and rest in general.

While I'm on the toipic I think that there should be more to the pro-bowl experiance like skill drills. I know NBA and MLB have home run derby, slam duck competition, and other skill drills. I think a Pass/catch/ coverage drill and clocked O-line-Dline interaction drills with a dummy QB as a target and RB vs LB "ellusive" drills would all be fun to watch. [I know power back are part of running the ball but ellusive drills would be safe]

Just my ideas on the pro bowl and helmets. Thanks for reading.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »