Home

Ideas to make field goal kicking more difficult

This is a discussion on Ideas to make field goal kicking more difficult within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2009, 02:00 PM   #1

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Ideas to make field goal kicking more difficult

I got the idea from another thread but it was focusing on a different subject.

Something that has always bothered me and many others is how easy it is to kick field goals as well as the fact that the CPU NEVER misses. What are some things you all think could be done to remedy this?

I they need to do something that penalizes the user for having a kicker with poor ACC.

There should be more improbabilities involved. A WR doesn't catch a pass everytime you throw it to him perfectly so why should a kicker be dead on accurate every time you do the meter perfectly?

Another option would be to shrink the size of the "accuracy" portion of the meter on low-rated kickers and widen it for the top kickers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Ideas to make field goal kicking more difficult

There are a lot of these threads, aren't there?

I think it would be a good idea if they leave kicking up to the user to make accuracy ratings more important...all too often in 09 I just go for a kicker with a booming leg...but I don't want every kicker with bad accuracy to miss every time...because that just doesnt happen...when it does, they aren't in the league long.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:04 PM   #3

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
There are a lot of these threads, aren't there?

I think it would be a good idea if they leave kicking up to the user to make accuracy ratings more important...all too often in 09 I just go for a kicker with a booming leg...but I don't want every kicker with bad accuracy to miss every time...because that just doesnt happen...when it does, they aren't in the league long.
Agreed. Right now the only rating that matters to the user is KPW. KAC needs to mean something.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:06 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 7

they shoud put the tiger woods button swing meter for the kicking in madden 10.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:09 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 12

Kicking needs a lot of work:

• CPU always hitting
  • longer kick made and at really high percentage is very unrealistic
  • wind doesn't act like it does in real life
  • no botched holds (can we say Romo); if added please don't over do it
  • weather doesn't effect it
  • Kickers never get injured
  • Kickers never loose their footing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 02:11 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

They had it perfectct in last gen. Press a to start the meter press A to stop it at the power you want and press a to stop it within the accuracy range. Obviously the more power you want the smaller the accuracy thing is and its already smaller when the kicker is not as accurate to begin with. So it gives great kickers a bigger accuracy range.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:14 PM   #7
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Agreed. Right now the only rating that matters to the user is KPW. KAC needs to mean something.
if thats the case, then we need to be able to practice kicking, like the traing camp kicking drills from last gen. That way you can practice kicking with your kicker if he's bad. We should be able to adjust the weather to (wind, rain , snow etc). Then the kicking will basically come down to not only the kicker but who takes the time to practice kicking field goals and coffin kicks (like myself if i could lol). If they stretched out the ratings then the difference between Kaeding from the Chargers and Olindo Mare from the free agents should be evident, thus making kickers relevent because "KICKERS AND PUNTERS ARE PEOPLE TOO" Rich Eisen haha

Last edited by Smoke316; 04-30-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:18 PM   #8
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Have the directional arrow swing left to right, the farther out, the faster it moves, the closer in, the slower it moves. Obviously having a better rating would cause the arrow to move a little slower. Just one idea

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »