Home

Button delay?

This is a discussion on Button delay? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Button delay?

I just wanna see if the button delay will be in effect this year as well. I remember on the next gen games when I went up for a user pick if I pushed Y right as the ball was going to arrive, the guy would wait a split second then throw his hands up after the ball has passed over his head and completed.

This was so frustrating cuz I would be one of the linebackers shading a middle zone and would see a guy crossing right near me and using my 6th Madden sense I would jump his route. I would time it perfectly! I would break on it just as the QB was throwing it. I would push Y just before it would arrive... on the current gen the buttons seemed more responsive and that would have been an INT. Or at least he would attempt to catch it and it would be a drop by me. I can't stand that there is a delay and the ball goes right over my helmet and into the receivers hands.

Please tell me this is fixed and it is more responsive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 03:07 PM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Button delay?

Defenseive assist dude. Problem solved.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:11 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

I hope they add running assist,receiving assist. and field goal kicking assist..... why limit it to one aspect of the game. It will be nice to level off the playing field and take away from those who are better at user controls.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:14 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
Defenseive assist dude. Problem solved.
Or not...
"the game now offers a defensive assist. Holding X/A automatically keeps you close to the play, though it won’t actually make the play for you (it won’t bat down balls, and it won’t tackle). But it’s a great way to help out with coverage as a defensive back without having to think too much -- you can use it to stay in position near a receiver, and then you can try to make a play on the ball yourself"

http://www.destructoid.com/preview-m...0-130286.phtml
Old 04-30-2009, 03:53 PM   #5
MVP

So defense assist is going to make sure my guy jumps when I hit Y ? I don't think so. I remember many times I would hit the Y button and my guy would just stand there. That's one of the reasons I stopped playing 09. When hit Y i want my guy to JUMP no matter what or where he is on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 04:03 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
So defense assist is going to make sure my guy jumps when I hit Y ? I don't think so. I remember many times I would hit the Y button and my guy would just stand there. That's one of the reasons I stopped playing 09. When hit Y i want my guy to JUMP no matter what or where he is on the field.
That's what I want. If I jump early let the ball deflect off me ot have it go over my hands as I am coming down. Don't make me not do anything or have a delay of the animation! I dig the idea of the assist cuz i can help me be in a better position so I can learn what I am doing and where I should be covering better. And I like the idea that it won't make the play for you. I want to be able to flick the stick and make the hit or make the tackle myself. And I also want to be able to push Y and attempt to make the play on the ball THE MOMENT I HIT THE BUTTON!
Old 04-30-2009, 04:10 PM   #7
MVP

There is no button delay, you control the defender as soon as you switch to him.

The problem is users don't adjust the analog stick to the angle of pursuit or speed of the defender. Of course it will slow you down or leave you out of the play if you have the analog stick at default position or the wrong angle.

You have to learn how upon switching to adjust the analog stick at the same time.

EA also needs to tweak the defenders animations and footwork to better simulate the agilty of a defensive back.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:19 PM   #8
Rookie

There was a button delay on 08 and 09 for next gen. It would be when I am holding down the strafe button with the defender so I am squared with the line of scrimmage. A ball will be thrown and I will break on it perfectly but when I push Y to intercept it the player will not put his hands up when I push the button. Instead there is a slight delay and he will then make a quick jerky motion. So that is the delay I am talking about and I know everyone has experienced it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »