Home

IDEA: Custom OVR Rating

This is a discussion on IDEA: Custom OVR Rating within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2009, 07:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
IDEA: Custom OVR Rating

How about allowing us to specify what that equation is for each position?

That way, especially in franchise mode, I'd be able to rate free agents, for example, according to my ratings, what I value to be most important. Cause maybe I value a QB with speed and a strong arm over accuracy. so I'll say, ok, make the OVR rating for QB's 40% speed, 40% THP, and 20% everything else (not that I would do this, but this is a simple example). Maybe I want a Wildcat type QB, that can also catch and run. In that case, I'd adjust the percentages to include the attributes that help me there.

OVR is meaningless if the game itself uses the individual attributes for all of its in-game variability. So instead of displaying OVR based on some equation that EA came up with, let us define the OVR equation for each position, and then the roster updates would just focus on updating individual attributes like speed, catch, THP, etc etc (which is what they do anyway, actually if you think about it).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 07:24 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: IDEA: Custom OVR Rating

Yes, I have mentioned this idea before and really like the idea. Another this that could make this even better would be being able to set a different formulas for say #1 receiver, #2 receiver, and slot receiver or for starting back and spell back, maybe seperate one for 3rd down as well, maybe one for starting qb and one for a wildcat player who could really be any position but you could look at wrs, rbs, qbs, all with that formula.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

idk, seems like it might be too complicated for most people and probably wouldn't be worth it. it would probably be more likely that they implement what they did in HC 09 where you can set your teams philosophy so u can say u want ur QB to be either a field general, pure passer, strong arm qb, speed qb etc.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
Rookie

bo4345's Arena

OVR: 4

Head Coach 09 had something similar to this with the ratings. There were several different philosophies for players, i.e. quarterback had field general, balanced, pure passer and speed and they were rated accordingly to whatever philosophy you had, I think they should implement that into franchise mode.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:34 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

I would like the option to have those from HC but also be able to customize them further if we want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
I would like the option to have those from HC but also be able to customize them further if we want.
Exactly. HC was good but it could be better.

That is some good thinking from both you and OP. I would love for this type of setup in franchise.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by djKianoosh
How about allowing us to specify what that equation is for each position?

That way, especially in franchise mode, I'd be able to rate free agents, for example, according to my ratings, what I value to be most important. Cause maybe I value a QB with speed and a strong arm over accuracy. so I'll say, ok, make the OVR rating for QB's 40% speed, 40% THP, and 20% everything else (not that I would do this, but this is a simple example). Maybe I want a Wildcat type QB, that can also catch and run. In that case, I'd adjust the percentages to include the attributes that help me there.

OVR is meaningless if the game itself uses the individual attributes for all of its in-game variability. So instead of displaying OVR based on some equation that EA came up with, let us define the OVR equation for each position, and then the roster updates would just focus on updating individual attributes like speed, catch, THP, etc etc (which is what they do anyway, actually if you think about it).
Yes please...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »