Home

What is Sim-Style Play in Madden?

This is a discussion on What is Sim-Style Play in Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2009, 01:11 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: What is Sim-Style Play in Madden?

I will check you out moostache, and much love to the STL, I live here too!
Old 05-06-2009, 10:56 PM   #18
Rookie

protak should definitely make madden 10 more sim
Old 05-07-2009, 05:05 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I agree with you on all angles man. Some say Madden is closer to arcade than sim, and I CANT agree with that. What is your approach while playing the game is what matters.

Initially, I had a hard time seeing where Madden detractors were coming from. I've never played online, but I gathered that most discrepancies that people were pointing out happened online, so I started to understand a little more.

So basically, my vision on madden hasn't been..I guess you could say..tarnished like some peoples vision has, ya know.

Other than Madden 06 and 07 which were the two years I actually broke my yearly ritual and DID NOT buy Madden, I've enjoyed every iteration. When i read posts stating that Madden 09 is horrible, I cant help but think to myself that "this dude must be out of his rabid *** mind" lol. IMO, Madden 09 is the year that everything started turning around.

No questions, I know I'm going to love 2010.

Oh, and for the record I'm a 2k fan as well as Madden. 2k5 was the ****, but guess what....Madden 09 is too. 2010 is about to hammer the coffin closed on the 2k5 comparisons I think. If not this year, I want to go as far as to say that 2011 will only have one more nail left, and its a done deal.

Even after that, if 2k comes back out with something nice, I'll probably be first in line to get that too.
What an epic ****ing fail of a post. Madden 09 WAS HORRIBLE. For you to even compare that HORRIBLE game to the greatest sports game of all time just shows you are a friggin moron. NFL 2K5 is for people who want to play REAL football. Madden 09 is for little kids who want to play MADDEN football.

Madden 2010 is shaping up to put the coffin in something alright, its gonna put the coffin in EA and the Madden franchise when a 6 year old game made with far less technology is far better then it.

And yes I am very aware I will get banned for this. Just goes to show that EA and its lackies have to be in control, and can't take real criticism.

Last edited by arhymemaster; 05-07-2009 at 05:08 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:16 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wow, was those videos of Madden 09? I never rented or played it, NCAA 09 was bad enough and traded it in after a week because the gameplay and AI was so fcuking bad.

Anyways, if that was Madden 09 I'm glad I've never played it.

That was game was f'n terrible.

They look like they're running around with a stick up their arse.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:15 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 7

most people who want to play a 'sim' style game are just garbage, yall need to man up and learn how to stop cheesers, nothing feels better than beating a cheeser, cause most of the time they only do one thing well and when you stop that their done. so you 'sim' style players need to get some skill or put your thinking cap on and learn how to stop a cheesers favorite play or plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 10:00 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
originally posted by big_larry
most people who want to play a 'sim' style game are just garbage, yall need to man up and learn how to stop cheesers, nothing feels better than beating a cheeser, cause most of the time they only do one thing well and when you stop that their done. so you 'sim' style players need to get some skill or put your thinking cap on and learn how to stop a cheesers favorite play or plays.
I GET NO ENJOYEMENT OF BEATING A CHEESER BECAUSE I DONT FEEL I AM REALLY PLAYING A REAL FOOTBALL GAME IF A GET A CHEESER TO PLAY, I GET GUYS RUNNING AROUND IN PADS, BUT NOT REAL FOOTBALL
First, you missed my point. It's not about me stopping them, I don't care about not stopping a cheeser, I can, and I never said I couldn't. I dont want to play them at all. It's no fun WIN OR LOSE watching my opponent run 3 plays all game. 99% of the time, after I begin to stop their 3 plays, they just disconnect. I dont want to play that. I dont understand ANYBODY who would want to play that or play that way. When I play Madden, I AM TRYING TO SIMULATE A FOOTBALL GAME. Isnt that the point of playing? To cheesers and people like you, obviously no, but to me that the whole point of picking up my sticks.
Wanting to play Madden the way football is supposed to be played is garbage? Thats nuts. What game are you playing? You are playing a football game! Why would you not try and play like the game you are trying to emulate? You are probably a cheeser as well.

Last edited by theironlung82; 05-07-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:06 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 89

no such thing as SIM in madden
Old 07-28-2009, 06:57 AM   #24
Rookie

all these sim posts and sim interpretations got me thinkin on this thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »