Home

Should QB Awareness or Skill dictate number of audibles?

This is a discussion on Should QB Awareness or Skill dictate number of audibles? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
Should QB Awareness or Skill dictate number of audibles?

We all know some QB's, especially young, run what the Coordinator or Coach sends in. Some QB's can change a play however and whenever they see fit.

Should this be in the Game?

Should Tom Brady have every play in a formation to audible to?
Should a Rookie QB only have Quick Audibles?

I think it would be nice if they expanded on (first bring it back) Formation Audibles.

Simple, Brady can audible to any play in current formation, AND intosome different formations.

Example - It seems feasible for him to be able to go from a Single Back 4WR set to Shotgun 4 or 5WR set.

I personally believe a few QB's should be able to Shotgun any formation. It's your playclock, USE IT.

This would deepen the Chess Match while placing a major importance on the most important piece of an offensive puzzle.

It would give an Elite QB the same advantage as the passing cone, but make it more of a strategic weapon that requires Game Planning.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 09:08 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Should QB Awareness or Skill dictate number of audibles?

It is an interesting twist. I do kind of like the idea of finally giving some weight to a QBs awareness. Everyone knows that currently, if you play every game, awareness means nothing. I could go grab a created rookie with Manning's arm and give him 0 awareness but yet he would play like Manning

My first reaction was thats pretty stupid. But it does make some sense. The only issue becomes, what about QBs that come out as rookies that are given a lot of free range on the offense. Otherwise I like features that make having an aware QB mean something more then having a good arm QB.

Then you have those other people who dont want to play sim and would yell at not being able to change your play because they read something before the snap.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ideas:
-More time on team/with current coach/with current playbook -> more available audibles
-Practicing plays with QBs can add to available audibles.

This leads to interesting choices about the distribution of reps in practice between a starting rep and benched rookie.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:13 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

What if QB with lower awareness had an increased chance of calling the "wrong" audible. By that I mean that every once in a while if you call audible X, the play that is called is audible Y. The frequency of this increases with a lower level of awareness. It would be represented to simulate the fact that a lower awareness QB would make the wrong play call for a given defense or that he would unable to effectively get all of his teammates on the same page.

Crazy idea, and I just came out with this now but I figured I'd just throw it out there.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

The number of audibles should be the same for all QBs. At that point, you are the QB, not Tom, or Peyton.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 09:29 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
The number of audibles should be the same for all QBs. At that point, you are the QB, not Tom, or Peyton.
So do you feel its real to take a create a player and make a QB with Brady's/Manning's arm and give them 0 awareness and see them play the exact same?
Old 04-30-2009, 09:34 PM   #7
My Head Hurts

jnofx's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieTheD
What if QB with lower awareness had an increased chance of calling the "wrong" audible. By that I mean that every once in a while if you call audible X, the play that is called is audible Y. The frequency of this increases with a lower level of awareness. It would be represented to simulate the fact that a lower awareness QB would make the wrong play call for a given defense or that he would unable to effectively get all of his teammates on the same page.

Crazy idea, and I just came out with this now but I figured I'd just throw it out there.

How about lower AWR Receivers misinterpreting said audibles and running the wrong routes, just to build on that......

I dunno, interesting. But I must say that the first post in this forum is, at the least, intriguing.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:39 PM   #8
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
So do you feel its real to take a create a player and make a QB with Brady's/Manning's arm and give them 0 awareness and see them play the exact same?
I need more information to answer that question. What do you mean by play the same? And how does 'awareness' affect a QB in Madden? On that note, is there any thread / site that breaks down the abilities and how they affect each position in Madden?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »