Home

Health in Madden

This is a discussion on Health in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Health in Madden

I think that Madden should have a sort of health system branched from a player's toughness stat. Certain players on the field go through more wear and tear than others, such as lineman, running backs, and fullbacks. My vision is this. Create a health system on a 100 point scale, and depending on that player's toughness statistic, depends on the amount of wear and tear they receive in a game. A good example is Chad Clifton of the Packers. In his upper age, he consistently sits out practice during the week, but is able to play the games themselves.

Example:

Brandon Jacobs:
Hypothetical Toughness Stat: 89

At the beginning of the season he is at 100. Depending on the amount of physical stress he is put through in each game determines his output health.

Example:

Week 1 vs Random Team

Jacbos rushes 22 times. Health drops to 96. Health CAN regenerate during the week, depending on the player's toughness. It would be tweaked to disallow a waterfall effect as well. Now, let's say by week 17, Jacob's health is down to ~70. The 70 health doesn't mean that Jacobs isn't fit to play, but instead means that he is slightly more likely to have a minor injury. The further the decrease in health influences the severity of the injury that can normal occur. For example, lineman who have played a while in the league eventually have sore backs and knees and other ailments crop up.

Take this for what it's worth, and by all means rip it apart and add to it, I just wanted to propose something on my mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 10:25 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Health in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdavido
I think that Madden should have a sort of health system branched from a player's toughness stat. Certain players on the field go through more wear and tear than others, such as lineman, running backs, and fullbacks. My vision is this. Create a health system on a 100 point scale, and depending on that player's toughness statistic, depends on the amount of wear and tear they receive in a game. A good example is Chad Clifton of the Packers. In his upper age, he consistently sits out practice during the week, but is able to play the games themselves.

Example:

Brandon Jacobs:
Hypothetical Toughness Stat: 89

At the beginning of the season he is at 100. Depending on the amount of physical stress he is put through in each game determines his output health.

Example:

Week 1 vs Random Team

Jacbos rushes 22 times. Health drops to 96. Health CAN regenerate during the week, depending on the player's toughness. It would be tweaked to disallow a waterfall effect as well. Now, let's say by week 17, Jacob's health is down to ~70. The 70 health doesn't mean that Jacobs isn't fit to play, but instead means that he is slightly more likely to have a minor injury. The further the decrease in health influences the severity of the injury that can normal occur. For example, lineman who have played a while in the league eventually have sore backs and knees and other ailments crop up.

Take this for what it's worth, and by all means rip it apart and add to it, I just wanted to propose something on my mind.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 9

This isn't an f-ing RPG! lol. jk. I think this is what Stamina, Toughness, and Injury are for...
Old 04-30-2009, 10:54 PM   #4
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

I swear they should just add everything from HC09 to Madden11...
Old 04-30-2009, 10:56 PM   #5
Pro

parrothead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox1994
This isn't an f-ing RPG! lol. jk. I think this is what Stamina, Toughness, and Injury are for...
Yeah but does it carry over from one game to the next? I like this proposal, it adds much needed strategic depth. Whoops maybe he shouldn't have carried 37 times two weeks ago. Or uh-oh perhaps 63 pass attempts was to many in that last game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 11:00 PM   #6
Pro

Only if they can faint in the middle of a game if their health reaches zero and you need to give them a potion to revive them.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:00 PM   #7
Rookie

^Ya, that makes sense.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:02 PM   #8
Pro

parrothead's Arena

Well, can there be fairies?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »