Home

Weather Impact

This is a discussion on Weather Impact within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2009, 03:04 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Weather Impact

Yea weather games really need to make a difference. I think temperature should also have an effect. For instance if its a -20 below game in chicago, or a really hot one down in Miami. If the guys are too cold some of their ratings take effect. If its too hot they fatigue easier.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:35 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift9k
Yea weather games really need to make a difference. I think temperature should also have an effect. For instance if its a -20 below game in chicago, or a really hot one down in Miami. If the guys are too cold some of their ratings take effect. If its too hot they fatigue easier.

yea i agree, i forgot to mention that. if its really hot out, players should come out of the game more to get Gatorade and prevent dehydration. The very cold games should make it harder for the QBs to throw the ball and the WRs should struggle more with catching due to the frozen hands.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:20 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 15

Quoted from Ian's blog on creating sim style gameplay...

"-- Pass Speed --
Pass speed was something that was actually quite a bit over the top in previous years...did you know a typical bullet pass exceeded 77 mph in our game?! In Madden NFL 09, not only did every QB throw a similar bullet pass in mph regardless of their rating, but also every QB also threw "mini-punts" instead of touch passes (even on short and intermediate routes) due to the high speed of the ball upon release.

Realistically, we can all agree that Brett Favre in his prime probably had the most zip on his passes, and he's been clocked around 65-70 mph (from what I saw on ESPN). So we brought the max mph down to 70 mph (for a 99 Throw Power guy in perfect weather), and also brought the minimum speed down as well so we could scale down the 'curve' of how the ratings affect the pass.

Now for Madden NFL 10 you will see much more obvious disparity between throw power ratings, and also you will see much more "touch" on passes on shorter routes instead of record-setting hang time on lobs (see below)"

That confirms to me that weather will most definately will play a part this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2009, 04:24 AM   #12
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden28
Quoted from Ian's blog on creating sim style gameplay...

"-- Pass Speed --
Pass speed was something that was actually quite a bit over the top in previous years...did you know a typical bullet pass exceeded 77 mph in our game?! In Madden NFL 09, not only did every QB throw a similar bullet pass in mph regardless of their rating, but also every QB also threw "mini-punts" instead of touch passes (even on short and intermediate routes) due to the high speed of the ball upon release.

Realistically, we can all agree that Brett Favre in his prime probably had the most zip on his passes, and he's been clocked around 65-70 mph (from what I saw on ESPN). So we brought the max mph down to 70 mph (for a 99 Throw Power guy in perfect weather), and also brought the minimum speed down as well so we could scale down the 'curve' of how the ratings affect the pass.

Now for Madden NFL 10 you will see much more obvious disparity between throw power ratings, and also you will see much more "touch" on passes on shorter routes instead of record-setting hang time on lobs (see below)"

That confirms to me that weather will most definately will play a part this year.
VERY NICE!!! I had forgotten about this blog...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »