Home

Is the Awareness attribute broke?

This is a discussion on Is the Awareness attribute broke? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2009, 10:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
Is the Awareness attribute broke?

I just remember in 05 after i won 3 super bowls my whole team awareness went to 99, which gave my team an unfair overall. Now when i play 09, i notice rookie awareness do not improve that much. After i retired all the "original players" and had a league full of empty faces (imports) the highest awareness rating was 76.

I assume its either: A) my game or B) just cause i always use NCAA imports

but in either case this should be fixed across the board since ratings are starting to take more of an affect. Every player is supposed to get smarter as they get older, or dumber, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Is the Awareness attribute broke?

I don't know about broken, but as someone posted yesterday it doesn't seem to affect a QB at all.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Madden 09 is broken...progression is broken, IMO. But there have been a lot of posts regarding the lack of elite talent/progression from drafted players (although I think most NCAA players come in with VERY high ratings...which the team is working on this year...)
Old 05-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREST007
I just remember in 05 after i won 3 super bowls my whole team awareness went to 99, which gave my team an unfair overall. Now when i play 09, i notice rookie awareness do not improve that much. After i retired all the "original players" and had a league full of empty faces (imports) the highest awareness rating was 76.

I assume its either: A) my game or B) just cause i always use NCAA imports

but in either case this should be fixed across the board since ratings are starting to take more of an affect. Every player is supposed to get smarter as they get older, or dumber, right?
You are not alone so many times I have signed an unsigned rookie with a 71-73 OVR and get them up to about 80-86 OVR but it always makes me mad I look at their awareness rating and it is sometimes as low as 40 something but as high as 60 I can live with 60 but 40???

Needs fixed...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 05-01-2009, 12:35 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

I have never seen a lack of "elite talent" in classes imported from NCAA. I have actually seen way to much elite talent from these classes. I have seen players from imported classes, out of the box ratings used in NCAA with no created players, who come into madden as 97 or 98 overall. Sometimes these players don't progress but how can they, really?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2009, 12:35 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 21

It's been stated many times that AWR has had a reduced role since next gen gaming. How exactly it is used, if it is still used, remains unclear though.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 05-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
It's been stated many times that AWR has had a reduced role since next gen gaming. How exactly it is used, if it is still used, remains unclear though.
The worst part about them reducing the role is they haven't changed the fact that it still plays a huge role in overall. For instance I was playing around with changing some ratings due to the pat white debate and for a qb 2 points of awareness can raise the overall a point.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
The worst part about them reducing the role is they haven't changed the fact that it still plays a huge role in overall. For instance I was playing around with changing some ratings due to the pat white debate and for a qb 2 points of awareness can raise the overall a point.
ya lol for a rating that matters so little, it sure matters a lot...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »