Home

Button Mashing... Seriously?

This is a discussion on Button Mashing... Seriously? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2009, 12:14 PM   #1
Bob Loblaw

Jonsco28's Arena

OVR: 8
Button Mashing... Seriously?

I am concerned about this pile-up button mashing to recover a lose ball. Why do this? It seems so arcadish. Why not just zoom in on the pile-up as the referees try to sort it out, and then have the ref's simply signal who came out with it?

This seem's like something you would find in Tecmo Bowl. Hell, why stop at the pile-ups? Take that Pro-Tak stuff to the next level as well and have button mashing galore, and that can be like Tecmo-Bowl too. You know, where the defender would grab your ball carrier, and they's dance back and forth and whoever mashed their button the fastest would determine who would be thrown to the ground. Mmmm...sounds like fun....right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2009, 12:15 PM   #2
Rookie

demon_deacon's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Button Mashing... Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsco28
I am concerned about this pile-up button mashing to recover a lose ball. Why do this? It seems so arcadish. Why not just zoom in on the pile-up as the referees try to sort it out, and then have the ref's simply signal who came out with it?

This seem's like something you would find in Tecmo Bowl. Hell, why stop at the pile-ups? Take that Pro-Tak stuff to the next level as well and have button mashing galore, and that can be like Tecmo-Bowl too. You know, where the defender would grab your ball carrier, and they's dance back and forth and whoever mashed their button the fastest would determine who would be thrown to the ground. Mmmm...sounds like fun....right.
It's going to be an option. No worries.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:17 PM   #3
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Being at the bottom of a pile is a frenzy...I don't want to just sit there for a minute or two while refs pull people off, leaving me twiddling my thumbs while CPU logic determines who gets a potentially game-changing shift in momentum. I want to feel like I'm on the bottom of the pile getting punched in the crotch by Mike Vrabel.

Well...maybe not punched in the crotch...but you get the idea. Button mashing is the best way to simulate the frenetic nature of the fumble pile-up.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:17 PM   #4
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

why dont you not start a new thread on something theres already multiple threads on. Also, more people want control over who gets the fumble instead of just let the CPU decide. If you go read Ian's thread about this subject you'd see the way they are using it is the most ideal. Its not just sit there and bash x as fast as you can, the button you need to press changes so you might need to hit x then triangle, then x then circle, etc.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:18 PM   #5
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-mash-why.html

NFL:
Jacksonville Jaguars
MLB:
St. Louis Cardinals
NBA:
Orlando Magic
NCAA: UCF Knights
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2009, 12:19 PM   #6
Rookie

ridemooses's Arena

OVR: 8

This is supposed to be a rare event, this about how many fumbles there are per game maybe 2? It only will happen when there are a lot of guys around the ball and they all go for it at the same time. I'm not that worried about it this isn't going to turn into the NES version of the Olympic games which was ALL mashing buttons. EA won't make this absurd it will be kinda funny occasionally, but won't throw off the game.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsco28

I cant remember the name of the game - but they had this - I did not like it - but then I did. It came out bout 5 years ago - name I cant remember though
Old 05-01-2009, 12:23 PM   #8
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingspadee
I cant remember the name of the game - but they had this - I did not like it - but then I did. It came out bout 5 years ago - name I cant remember though
I like what you did there...very smooth. Y'see, he says he can't remember the name, but he's alluding to....oh, you get it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »