Home

All Ratings Talk Here Per Millennium

This is a discussion on All Ratings Talk Here Per Millennium within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #73
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Here ya go Ian...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
I am sorry but you are the one that needs to go back and watch the film again. In the Giants Super Bowl Brady drove down the field and scored a TD to givve us the lead with over 2 minutes left in the game. What did the Giants do? They drove down the field and scored a TD and only left us with 35 seconds to score a TD. Yeah because we all know that 35 seconds is an eternity to go drive down the field again and score another TD with that pedestrian unit that the Giants call a defense. Also its Brady's fault that the defense cughed up over 30 points in the second half againts the Colts in the Championship game too right? Heck he scored 34 points with bug eyes Cadwell and Gaffney as his 2 top WRs that game. Brady scored 21 on the Eagles and the only reason why we need a late field goal to win was because Viniteri had actually missed a field goal early in the game.Check again, ever since Brady has been our starter in the post season we score 24.70 points a game. Our offense has not be an issue .
35 seconds is plenty of time to score a TD. Ask Joe Montana.

As for Viniatari, he has gone on to win ANOTHER Superbowl with the Colts. Since his departure Brady has not won the Superbowl.

Quote:
That is true, but we had lost games where the defense has chocked in the playoffs. Ironically enough the games that we should have lost because Brady performed bad we have actually won (like the Chargers in 2006).
You're just dogging your defense to make Tom look good. They were an outstanding unit during those SB runs, and slammed the door on some very good teams.

Quote:
He was sitting in our offense for 4 YEARS! 4, is not like we picked him off the streets. Besides he inherited a team that broke the offensive scoring record in the NFL. The team that was 35 seconds away from being perfect and consodered the "greates team of all time." The team Cassel played for was not the 2008 Lions and last I checked we didn't even make the post season.
He had very little playing time, and had not started a game since high school. And guess what, his numbers were very similar (and in stretches better) than Tom's were during that 2001 season.

Face it, dude. It's the system, not Tom. It's Bellicheck and his staff. Not Tom. Tom was just in the right place at the right time with the right butt-chin to make the 12 year old girls swoon.

Quote:
Which is something he never had in his whole career and his still won 3 super bowls. Truth is Brady does not need Moss, he never did. Moss was clearly an improvement to our team but never a necessity.
He needed Moss to put up those huge numbers and go 16-0 in the regular season. He did not need Randy to win a SB. Why? Because the TEAM won those Superbowls, not Tom.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:00 PM   #74
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
You said : "He's good. But not better than Brees or Pennington or Rivers or Delhome or Palmer or Warner. Just has more help." You actually did say that those qbs were better than Brady so I'm a bit confused. Not sure I would say Delhomme and Palmer are touch passers. I agree on Pennington and Warner though. I am impressed with Rivers as well (does anyone push the ball downfield better than him?)
What I said was, "not better". That's like saying that Tiki Barber is not taller than Rhonde Barber when they are the same height. You are inferring that those guys are better than Tom, but factually it isn't what I said.

In truth I was not clear enough, so I'll reiterate: Tom is not much better than they are, if at all. If any of those guys played for the Pats, they would do just as well as Tom.

Quote:
You seem to highly value athletic ability in a quarterback. Were you one of those "Vick guys" when he was at his peak? Personally, I could care less if my qb has an ounce of athletic ability because elite status as an NFL qb is reached by dropping back, planting your back foot and accurately delivering the ball to the correct receiver. Athletic ability is a highly overrated attribute when talking about the qb position.

Of course my bolded point hits the nail on the head.
Actually, the reverse is true. Ithink that in today's NFL athletic ability is an anachronism and a liability. System QBs are best suited to take advantage of all the rules in the NFL that are designed to handcuff defenses and increase scoring.

The NFL has taken the emphasis off of violence and force of will that football used to have. Now it's about timing and precision. It's about long passes and high scores, not grinding it out in the middle of the field. In point of fact the rules are so far out of balance in favor of offenses (QBs and WRs in particular) that it should be no surprise that so many passing records have been set the last few years.

In short, I would never draft a Tarvaris Jackson or a Vince Young. I'd take a small school prospect with a good arm and great accuracy. I'd put him in a check down offense in front of a great running back and behind an awesome offensive line. I could get him for cheap, and get 2 or 3 Superbowls out of him.

If I could get one who looked like a Teen Beat boybander like Tom, that's just more money I can make off him.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:03 PM   #75
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
Umm, I see all these threads about how certain players Rating are to low or to high but I have yet to see any ratings of players except the Draft players. Where are you seeing this?
Lmao, 3 pages later and no one even seen my Post...XD. Anyone?

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Yeah sure it is with Tuck, Osi, Straham, Cofield and Kiwanuka bareling down on you.

Quote:
As for Viniatari, he has gone on to win ANOTHER Superbowl with the Colts. Since his departure Brady has not won the Superbowl.
Really I did not know that. Is not like we have been to another Super Bowl without him either.

Quote:
You're just dogging your defense to make Tom look good. They were an outstanding unit during those SB runs, and slammed the door on some very good teams.
I never said that they never stopped anyone, all I said is that the games we lost in the post season were mostly their fault. For the exemption of the loss to the Broncos in 2005 which was our offense that cost us the game.

Quote:
He had very little playing time, and had not started a game since high school. And guess what, his numbers were very similar (and in stretches better) than Tom's were during that 2001 season.
Yes you are right their numbers were similar I have looked at them plenty of times but you know what is not similar? Moss, Welker, Maroney, Watson, Faulk, Maroney, Light, Mankins, Koppen, Neal. Do you even know who were Brady's weapons in 2001? Troy Brown, Patrick Pass, terry Glenn, Antowain Smith, Faulk. You are right how could Brady not perform better than a back up with such fire power compared to Cassel.

Quote:
Face it, dude. It's the system, not Tom. It's Bellicheck and his staff. Not Tom. Tom was just in the right place at the right time with the right butt-chin to make the 12 year old girls swoon.
Last I check "chuck it to Moss" is not a system. Please enlighten me as to why the Raiders had the worst offense in NFL history when they could have employed the magical "chuck it to Moss" system?

Quote:
He needed Moss to put up those huge numbers and go 16-0 in the regular season. He did not need Randy to win a SB. Why? Because the TEAM won those Super bowls, not Tom.
Yes we did go undefeated in the regular season thanks in part to Moss, do you think that is news to anyone? Did Manning score 49 TDs because he had scrubs at wr? No he had Wayne, Harrison, Stockley and James. Nobody can break records without help, look at LaDainian Tomlinson when he broke the RB scoring record, nearly half of his team went to the Pro Bowl. Brady was a large part as to why we won the Super Bowls, I don't recall saying he was the only reason why we did.

*Actual time may vary.

Last edited by Obelysk; 05-01-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:36 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 5

Wheres the popcorn smiley?
Old 05-02-2009, 04:54 AM   #78
All Star

OVR: 33

Vick should drop 2 points after a 2 year layoff right. Since Brady dropped 1 for 1 year layoff.

Brady 98 is a gross oversight. Its no longer about the ratings. Its about the positional and overall ranking.

I feel that judging from the previous seasons, with the last season having the most influence, and previous seasons b4 that slightly less important, (Like tennis APT rankings) Brees deserves to be 2nd with 97, and brady at 96.

Its huge.

Not even Rafael Nadal could take a year off, and remain number 2.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 10

mcnabb and tom are 2 different ppl
Old 05-02-2009, 12:00 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 3
Smile Re: Here ya go Ian...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles

He needed Moss to put up those huge numbers and go 16-0 in the regular season. He did not need Randy to win a SB. Why? Because the TEAM won those Superbowls, not Tom.
Your just sore because we woop your team everytime we play u in the playoffs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »