Home

All Ratings Talk Here Per Millennium

This is a discussion on All Ratings Talk Here Per Millennium within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2009, 04:13 PM   #65
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Here ya go Ian...

@ people making Brady out to be a "system QB". You can read it all on OS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2009, 04:14 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Both Manning and Brady are deadly from the pocket, and rarely hold the ball too long. Out of the pocket though, both are a liability.

Good analysis here. +1
Interesting how you stated Pennington, Palmer, and Delhomme are better than Manning and Brady. Mind elaborating?
Old 05-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #67
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
@ people making Brady out to be a "system QB". You can read it all on OS.
I've been watching football a long time and this phrase has all of a sudden "caught on" the past 5 years. Most people don't even understand what it means. Like I always say though function supercedes talent.

Last edited by AlexBrady; 05-01-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:23 PM   #68
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
Interesting how you stated Pennington, Palmer, and Delhomme are better than Manning and Brady. Mind elaborating?
I didn't say they were better than him, just that he isn't much better than them. They are all accurate touch passers, and system type guys with the exception of Rivers. They all play basically the same check-down type of style with very little reliance on athletic ability or arm strength, even though Palmer has a pretty big arm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
I've been watching football a long time and this phrase has all of a sudden "caught on" the past 5 years. Most people don't even understand what it means. Like I always say though function supercedes talent.
Your bolded point hits the nail on the head. QB in the NFL is rarely about arm strength or 40 time. It's usually about how well the system fits the player, the player fits the rest of the personnel, and how well the coaches utilize their talent.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:31 PM   #69
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Why is Brady famous? Why is he so highly rated? For those 4th quarter drives. But go back and watch the tape. He does not win those playoff games. The KICKER DOES. When Tom needs a touchdown HE CAN'T DO IT. We saw that against the Giants in 2007 and against the Colts in 2006. Get up by more than 3 and Brady is the choke MASTER.
I am sorry but you are the one that needs to go back and watch the film again. In the Giants Super Bowl Brady drove down the field and scored a TD to givve us the lead with over 2 minutes left in the game. What did the Giants do? They drove down the field and scored a TD and only left us with 35 seconds to score a TD. Yeah because we all know that 35 seconds is an eternity to go drive down the field again and score another TD with that pedestrian unit that the Giants call a defense. Also its Brady's fault that the defense cughed up over 30 points in the second half againts the Colts in the Championship game too right? Heck he scored 34 points with bug eyes Cadwell and Gaffney as his 2 top WRs that game. Brady scored 21 on the Eagles and the only reason why we need a late field goal to win was because Viniteri had actually missed a field goal early in the game.Check again, ever since Brady has been our starter in the post season we score 24.70 points a game. Our offense has not be an issue .

Quote:
I like how all the scoring your defense and special teams did was great when it was happening, but now you're in denial. Do you even remember how many games that defense won by TAKING THE BALL AWAY and scoring themselves? All Tom had to do was NOT throw interceptions. Which he does well. Tom takes very good care of the football, because he is a SYSTEM QUARTERBACK.
That is true, but we had lost games where the defense has chocked in the playoffs. Ironically enough the games that we should have lost because Brady performed bad we have actually won (like the Chargers in 2006).

Quote:
I mean come on! A HIGH SCHOOL QB CAME OFF THE BENCH AND RIPPED OFF MULTIPLE 400 YARD GAMES IN THAT OFFENSE!
He was sitting in our offense for 4 YEARS! 4, is not like we picked him off the streets. Besides he inherited a team that broke the offensive scoring record in the NFL. The team that was 35 seconds away from being perfect and consodered the "greates team of all time." The team Cassel played for was not the 2008 Lions and last I checked we didn't even make the post season.

Quote:
Contrary to popular belief, football is not just about statistics. There is a human element to the game. If you're a defense, Randy Moss must be accounted for on EVERY PLAY. This means that his mere PRESENCE opens up the rest of the field to the other receivers.
Which is something he never had in his whole career and his still won 3 super bowls. Truth is Brady does not need Moss, he never did. Moss was clearly an improvement to our team but never a necessity.

*Actual time may vary.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #70

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

The ratings aren't set in stone are they? They will go up and down depending on how they play through out the season. So i'm not really worried about it. If they were set in stone and they wern't changing then I would have a problem with brady being that high coming off a season ending injury.

Just take a deep breath and chill.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #71
MVP

Quote:
I didn't say they were better than him, just that he isn't much better than them. They are all accurate touch passers, and system type guys with the exception of Rivers. They all play basically the same check-down type of style with very little reliance on athletic ability or arm strength, even though Palmer has a pretty big arm.

Your bolded point hits the nail on the head. QB in the NFL is rarely about arm strength or 40 time. It's usually about how well the system fits the player, the player fits the rest of the personnel, and how well the coaches utilize their talent.
You said : "He's good. But not better than Brees or Pennington or Rivers or Delhome or Palmer or Warner. Just has more help." You actually did say that those qbs were better than Brady so I'm a bit confused. Not sure I would say Delhomme and Palmer are touch passers. I agree on Pennington and Warner though. I am impressed with Rivers as well (does anyone push the ball downfield better than him?)

You seem to highly value athletic ability in a quarterback. Were you one of those "Vick guys" when he was at his peak? Personally, I could care less if my qb has an ounce of athletic ability because elite status as an NFL qb is reached by dropping back, planting your back foot and accurately delivering the ball to the correct receiver. Athletic ability is a highly overrated attribute when talking about the qb position.

Of course my bolded point hits the nail on the head.

Last edited by AlexBrady; 05-01-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #72
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
No...I was referring to people getting upset that people are debating ratings...if you are one of those people, then yes I was.

No need to get defensive if people are debating things...it's all good natured. And I'm not lookin to start trouble either. No one is attacking anyone, so no need to get defensive is all.
It is not a debate when OP's start threads with words like this, "You guys screwed up big time with Hall 77 and Brady 98"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »