Home

Pass Rush Animations

This is a discussion on Pass Rush Animations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2009, 01:07 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Pass Rush Animations

So, on CD the 3-4 was still broken from a pass rush persepective? The speed rush by the OLB is crucial obviously, and it sounds like they weren't using it. Hopefully that is fixed.

Was the AI able to generate pressure on its own? Did the computer controlled DE every put on moves and force their own pressure?

And finally, was the NT ever double teamed properly?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2009, 01:18 PM   #26
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I felt like it was fine for the QB's that did it.

LB, in Madden 09 against the CPU, it was near impossible to get a decent amount of sacks against them. Because even if your guys got through right away, the cpu would just launch a pass no matter ehat just tp avoid getting sacked, if this fixed?

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 05-02-2009, 01:22 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven Draconian
So, on CD the 3-4 was still broken from a pass rush persepective? The speed rush by the OLB is crucial obviously, and it sounds like they weren't using it. Hopefully that is fixed.

Was the AI able to generate pressure on its own? Did the computer controlled DE every put on moves and force their own pressure?

And finally, was the NT ever double teamed properly?
Come to think of it maybe that was the problem. Against New England who was using the 3-4 I was able to get outside easy, especially from the shotgun. But not against the Vikings. I felt the rumble on the controller when I tried to move outside even though I was still able to get out, the DE trailed me, so I had to make wild throws. I felt the 4 man line teams did ok, just need to get the ends up the field faster. Ideally, I think on all pro and all madden the A.I controlled end should be just as aggressive as a user controlled one.

With the 3-4 teams when they blitzed heavy they got there. But my concern is you nor the A.I should always have to blitz heavy. Luckily these things are being looked at.

As for the double team on the NT. I will just reiterate what I posted in another thread. We did see some double teams on run plays, some really nice ones, the issue is going to be do they consistently occur enough to make a difference?
Old 05-02-2009, 01:23 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
LB, in Madden 09 against the CPU, it was near impossible to get a decent amount of sacks against them. Because even if your guys got through right away, the cpu would just launch a pass no matter ehat just tp avoid getting sacked, if this fixed?
No sign of Robo QB at CD. Is he dead? Don't know, but he didn't show up in all of the hours we played.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:26 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Ohhh Sven one thing I must say though is that it looks like they have been working on the 3-4 OLB pass rush. If you look at the IGN videos, the blocking video in particular where Berry does a pretty good job. In the CD build IMO it wasn't that far along yet, especially from the left side. So improvement is happening pretty quickly I think. Now IMO it's just a matter of speed. Also Ian was probably playing on Pro, default in that build, which will make things a hell of a lot slower.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Ohhh Sven one thing I must say though is that it looks like they have been working on the 3-4 OLB pass rush. If you look at the IGN videos, the blocking video in particular where Berry does a pretty good job. In the CD build IMO it wasn't that far along yet, especially from the left side. So improvement is happening pretty quickly I think. Now IMO it's just a matter of speed. Also Ian was probably playing on Pro, default in that build, which will make things a hell of a lot slower.
the blocking video was a 4-3. it was 4 down lineman and berry was the DE, he wasnt an OLB or im confused what youre trying to say.

the layered blending video. the cardinals are in a 3-4 and blitz both olbs on the play ian shows ben getting the ball off when he gets hit. the olb to our left rushes and engages with the tackle and dips under him and hits ben. the olb on our right rushes but he gets bumped into the guard and the DE engages with the tackle. it looked terrible. i just dont see why they cant make the arrow go straight on olb blitzes instead of diagnol pointing in. everyone justs gets caught up in traffic. they have a chance at a free run qt the qb but they rather engage with a lineman.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:37 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
the blocking video was a 4-3. it was 4 down lineman and berry was the DE, he wasnt an OLB or im confused what youre trying to say.

the layered blending video. the cardinals are in a 3-4 and blitz both olbs on the play ian shows ben getting the ball off when he gets hit. the olb to our left rushes and engages with the tackle and dips under him and hits ben. the olb on our right rushes but he gets bumped into the guard and the DE engages with the tackle. it looked terrible. i just dont see why they cant make the arrow go straight on olb blitzes instead of diagnol pointing in. everyone justs gets caught up in traffic. they have a chance at a free run qt the qb but they rather engage with a lineman.
You know what, you are right. Damn See those two videos are what i noticed at CD between 3-4 outside rush and 4 man line rushes. The 4 man line looks great. Just needs to set up faster. Ideally I want that DE 1 yard away from the QB as he pops off of his heels in his drop. The 3-4 however, looks like they are still going to have to get some work on those angles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2009, 01:43 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
You know what, you are right. Damn See those two videos are what i noticed at CD between 3-4 outside rush and 4 man line rushes. The 4 man line looks great. Just needs to set up faster. Ideally I want that DE 1 yard away from the QB as he pops off of his heels in his drop. The 3-4 however, looks like they are still going to have to get some work on those angles.
i mean i think its simple. when you see the chargers for example on defense, merriman and phillips fly up the field while the tackles are trying to keep them at bay. its like a traingle. merriman and phillips are the 2 at the bottom and they run at that angle to the Qb which is the tip of the triangle. make the DE's engage with the 3 olineman inside and the LBS are left 1 on 1 with the tackles. make them aim for the outside shoulder and bam, problem solved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »