Home

Pro-Tak for Celebrations?

This is a discussion on Pro-Tak for Celebrations? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2009, 09:55 PM   #33
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Pro-Tak for Celebrations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDogg09
I was just wondering if Pro-Tak will be used for celebrations? For a lot of celebrations, especially if a player scores a game winning touchdown, his teammates will swarm him and they will all celebrate together. I think this would be pretty awesome. Is there a possibility that this might happen in Madden now with Pro-Tak?

Man I think You might have discovered one of their little secrets! lol Great thinking man
Playing right now: Rocket League
Games Looking forward to: Moving to PS4 lol
Old 05-01-2009, 11:26 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 18

I am sure that this made it in the game. Mark it down. (IMO)
Old 05-02-2009, 12:20 AM   #35
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
I am sure that this made it in the game. Mark it down. (IMO)
That would be pretty great if you are right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2009, 12:55 AM   #36
Pro

I would like one of the developers to comment on this, but I am wondering if bang911 and BlackJack_Williams are right and they are just not saying anything about it yet.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:57 AM   #37
All Star

OVR: 33

I always loved FIFA's total control celebration.

Where no celebration looked the same.

I wonder. Since they already had the tech, if they copied it.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:51 AM   #38
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6

This is a great and clever way to use the new technology. I love the idea of having up to nine guys in on a somewhat organic celebration. EA should take a look see at this.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:02 AM   #39
Banned

N@X_WiZaRD's Arena

OVR: 3

As far as I know, Pro-Tak is technology that only relates to gang-tackling (hence the TAK part). I don't get how it even remotely correlates to celebrations. Are you implying that celebrations nowadays look like 9 men tackling you while you struggle to maintain balance? Because if that's the case then I've been doing it wrong all this time.

On a serious note though, lol, I personally think modifying the Pro-Tak system to be a multi-faceted and dynamic way to initiate celebrations would be a complete waste of resources. If EA creates group celebrations, then they should just pre-script them like Fifa does. No reason to over-complicate something that most people skip after 2-3 seconds.

But that's just my opinion.

Last edited by N@X_WiZaRD; 05-02-2009 at 02:05 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #40
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD
As far as I know, Pro-Tak is technology that only relates to gang-tackling (hence the TAK part). I don't get how it even remotely correlates to celebrations. Are you implying that celebrations nowadays look like 9 men tackling you while you struggle to maintain balance? Because if that's the case then I've been doing it wrong all this time.

On a serious note though, lol, I personally think modifying the Pro-Tak system to be a multi-faceted and dynamic way to initiate celebrations would be a complete waste of resources. If EA creates group celebrations, then they should just pre-script them like Fifa does. No reason to over-complicate something that most people skip after 2-3 seconds.

But that's just my opinion.
Yeah, I don't know if it relates ONLY to gang tackling. I mean, I think Ian said that Pro-Tak made the pocket and OL/DL stuff better. It is also used for the fumble piles. I just thought that maybe it could be used for big celebrations too. There are those celebrations where teammates would all jump on and around their teammate after he scored a game-winning touchdown (it happens more often in college as someone said, but it does happen in the NFL). I thought that would be similar to the fumble piles, since that's what those celebrations look like sometimes.

I'm not sure that would take up that much more resources either since Pro-Tak is already there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »