Home

Ripten Madden preview

This is a discussion on Ripten Madden preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2009, 04:49 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Ripten Madden preview

Ya I'm glad weapons are gone none of them had any type of bonus or boost, well accept for the "smart" players( Smart safeties, smart QBs, Smart corners, Smart LBs)

But now that these are gone I would like the Player roles back in, those were sooo awesome...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 05-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #10
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

DA sounds like a stop gap, or a work around for the real problem of manually controllable players being a viable option on the defensive side of the ball. It also sounds like it will make playing defense require almost no stick skills what so ever. Both are bad for online / competitive play.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Defensive Assist isn't bad. Fifa has it. I don't see people complaining about it. All it does is make you move in the general direction of the ball. It doesn't make you get in perfect position for a tackle, int, swat, etc. If the ball is ran outside left, then defensive assist will help you achieve a better angle to the outside left, but you still may get blocked and never touch the ball carrier.

Also in Fifa, it takes sub par angles, when I play Fifa, I can generally steal the ball easier when I do it by myself. I see Madden being exactly like that.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2009, 05:00 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Defensive Assist isn't bad. Fifa has it. I don't see people complaining about it. All it does is make you move in the general direction of the ball. It doesn't make you get in perfect position for a tackle, int, swat, etc. If the ball is ran outside left, then defensive assist will help you achieve a better angle to the outside left, but you still may get blocked and never touch the ball carrier.

Also in Fifa, it takes sub par angles, when I play Fifa, I can generally steal the ball easier when I do it by myself. I see Madden being exactly like that.
^^^If you are doubting DA look no further than this post^^^

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 05-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

That is exactly it.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
DA sounds like a stop gap, or a work around for the real problem of manually controllable players being a viable option on the defensive side of the ball. It also sounds like it will make playing defense require almost no stick skills what so ever. Both are bad for online / competitive play.
Personally, I think you are blowing Defensive ASSIST out of proportion. It only helps you if you get into position, not make the play for you. Also no one is forcing anyone to use it. It's just for the newer people. Last of all, using DA is exactly like letting the CPU control your defender for you except this time you have more control.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #15
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

You know I think if done right the defensive assist could be a very cool feature. It says that it will not make the play for you but simply help to get your player into a better position. I can only imagine that it will be done while not compramising or enhancing the attributes of the player being used. It just suggests that it gives you a little more control which I don't mind if they don't become better players because of it. Using DBs and LBs could be alot more fun when trying to cover someone now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #16
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
From the way that reads it sounds like you have to do it, and that they haven't worked out the controls such that you can play coverage properly. Why else would they need to add it?
No you don't have to do it. It's probably the same thing that's in NCAA. They probably added it for people who have difficulty playing defense, don't know how to play defense or where their assignment is. Also, it could be for the guy who picks up the game once in awhile.

You complain about pretty much everything, don't you? Geez.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »