Home

Better User Catch Control?

This is a discussion on Better User Catch Control? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2009, 12:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Better User Catch Control?

One thing that really got on my nerves from Madden 09 (ps2/xbox/wii version) was the fact that taking control of a WR or TE and trying to catch the ball was nearing impossible. It didn't matter if you were turned around, strafed, and there was nobody around you, you would still drop the ball 90% of the time.

I really hope that is fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2009, 01:01 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Better User Catch Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrormaster
One thing that really got on my nerves from Madden 09 (ps2/xbox/wii version) was the fact that taking control of a WR or TE and trying to catch the ball was nearing impossible. It didn't matter if you were turned around, strafed, and there was nobody around you, you would still drop the ball 90% of the time.

I really hope that is fixed.
i think you may be the only one that struggled with that. I thought it was pretty easy and if you were good at it, it gave you the advantage over your opponent.

I think they should just get rid of the user catch and just let the animations take over the catch and once the WR has the ball the obviously the user takes over.

If there is still a user catch, they should make it harder because too many people were doing it and having success with it. I say just remove the user catch and let them use their animations to make the catch more realistic. To me, i want this game to be as real as it gets. And when i (along with others) make a user catch, 9/10x it doesnt look real. just take it out EA.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:03 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 33

On the ps2/xbox/wii. It was perfect.

And it was realistic. You needed timing, ratings, leverage, and all sorts of realistic stuff.

But it wasn't automatic.

Its was should be standard in next gen.

Next gen is simply just hold Y or Triangle and hope your dude puts his hand up, or the button will simply not respond.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:04 AM   #4
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

I agree tonedeaf.

The user catching for the 360/PS3 version should revert back to the PS2 style. It is way to easy to just hold the catch button and run under the ball.

The timed press from last gen was much better imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »