Home

DOUBLE TEAM BLOCKING

This is a discussion on DOUBLE TEAM BLOCKING within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2009, 03:48 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: DOUBLE TEAM BLOCKING

this was posted by LBz the other day..
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Here is the thing with the double team blocking and the reason why we have not addressed the question that much is we really don't know how it is going to turn out in the end. On CD we did see some double team blocking on run plays. I specifically looked at it for the 3-4 defense. The issue is gonna be consistency. So we are sorta refraining from committing right now to saying it shows up every play or shows up a great deal. Again, we did see it, adem and I specifically. He paused his game and showed me a really nice one. I saw some as I played and I never had trouble playing Inside Linebacker. I do hope they leave the engage points where they are or even make it better, because I ran around wreaking all kinds of havoc with Ray Lewis and had Ed Reed over my back shoulder picking off alot of passes inside.

Now on to the pass blocking, unfortunately, I didn't see it on pass blocking. Not saying they can't do that because with the new tool they are working with, they can swap animations out fairly easily as Ian did that right in front of me when I was telling him how bad the DT's were performing the Twist stunt. But of course double pass blocking requires logic, I'm not sure it is there so ...
Old 05-03-2009, 03:58 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

at least it is on their minds. it would be cool to see those attributes figured in as well . hopefully they do implement it
Old 05-03-2009, 06:31 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 20

I think the pro-tak with the blocking should allow double teams and should allow them to work. Also, the pro-tak should, at least with bigger backs, stop the 3-2-6 from shutting down the running game. They said that weight and strength really play into being able to push people back. That way with a bigger back the lack of big defenders could lead to him being able to push the pile more than if you have bigger defenders out there. this would be especially true if the linemen are able to get to the second level and at least one or two of them and also the fullback can get to the linebackers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2009, 07:05 PM   #12
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Madden 09 had double team blocking, it was just on run plays. Hopefully they make it more organic and it also occurs on passing plays..

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-03-2009, 07:11 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Madden 09 had double team blocking, it was just on run plays. Hopefully they make it more organic and it also occurs on passing plays..
Yep. I think the thing is, it was not on all running plays. Just the zone/stretch plays. When people comment on it, they want it on every run play, Iso, traps ect, although, that's not being too realistic to have it on every running play.

Secondly for 09, not only did it only show up on specific running plays, but it was not consistent. So I think guys are wanting more consistency. I'd settle for what they had in 09 if it happened at least on Isolation plays and zone/stretch plays and that it was consistent. You don't care if it happens on toss plays because your defenders are flying outside anyways. Against counters or any movement runs, you really want 1) interior penetration to disrupt the pull rather than a double teamed defender, and 2) you want the edge defenders to seal off the edge and force the runner back inside to some help. Btw is that Ice la Fox? LOL

Last edited by LBzrule; 05-03-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:13 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 11

They gotta get it in for pass blocking this year. There were WAY too many people complaining about the lack of this feature to not have it finally addressed. I recall Ian saying last year that their team had a guy who's specific job was to address the blocking system in this year's game. I don't think I can go another year with the 3-4 defense being rendered useless.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

if this isn't implemented right for the passing game, it makes a very popular defensive scheme totally useless

(well, it's half the problem, being able to keep 260 defensive ends at that spot in the 3-4 is the other half)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2009, 07:16 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

The problem I see this year for pass blocking is that I'm not sure they'd have time to write a pass off defender logic. And if they do not then you will regret it when guys are sending nano blitzes and your one linemen will not pass the defender off to the other lineman and allow the blitzer to come right on in untouched while those two linemen just stick to one man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »