Home

Layered blending?

This is a discussion on Layered blending? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #17
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Layered blending?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Naww every other post is about the stuttering frames/missing frames issue, that no one ,dev or other poster has ever replied to.
Hah... Touche! Around 3 weeks now and still no response from the devs. I have talked with several from the group of 8 now that went to community day and they noticed the problem as well. It seems slowing down the game has helped a little, but not solved the problem altogether. It makes sense, because Madden is extremely fluid when played slowly in in the replay viewer.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #18
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
That's fair, but that's what I know the most, and it's my point of reference for the majority of my comparative analysis. I don't know Madden that well and I have been very up front about it. If I don't use APF2K8 as a reference point then it makes it very hard for me to engage in the conversations about Madden '10 on any real level. Simply talking about APF2K8 and Madden from a comparative analysis stand point shouldn't be a bad thing.
That is a fair point as well, but it does seem that your views are slanted very much in favor of APF and critical/negative of Madden. I've been critical of Madden on the presentation side of things, but I'm willing to take a wait and see attitude till I have the game in my hands. I have trust in Ian and his team in coordination with the CD folks.

It is good to have extra pair of eyes to see if EA can tweak as we speak, but I wouldn't expect anything major at this stage, it's the home stretch for them.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #19
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
That is a fair point as well, but it does seem that your views are slanted very much in favor of APF and critical/negative of Madden. I've been critical of Madden on the presentation side of things, but I'm willing to take a wait and see attitude till I have the game in my hands. I have trust in Ian and his team in coordination with the CD folks.

It is good to have extra pair of eyes to see if EA can tweak as we speak, but I wouldn't expect anything major at this stage, it's the home stretch for them.
No doubt there, I view APF2K8 as the better gameplay wise. A pro-Madden view shouldn't be required to have an intelligent discussion. It almost seems that the Madden team is agreeing on the game play standpoint, because to me, it's as if they are trying to adopt the play style and Simulation nature that APF2K8 seems to do so well. It's the primary reason I have any interest in Madden.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #20
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

You can thank LBz, Joborule, Bezo, Adem, Rgiles and the rest of the CD folks and of course, Ian and crew for taking and giving constructive criticism back in August and September of 09 comparing 2k5 and Madden. There were some elements of APF that were compared, but I think the majority was comparing 2k5 and Madden.

As Ian has stated, there are some things that 2k did well and some things they didn't. Same with Madden.

No one has said anyone has to take a pro-Madden view for intellectual discussion, but on the surface, for a game you don't know that well, you seem overly critical of Madden.

I'll leave it at that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »