Home

Anyone else jonesing for a Presentation blog???????

This is a discussion on Anyone else jonesing for a Presentation blog??????? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2009, 11:32 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Anyone else jonesing for a Presentation blog???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Hey guys, I'm new here at OS, but I've been reading many blogs regarding Madden NFL here for over 2 years. I'm sure that EASPORTS is "saving the best for last" presentation wise, because what I've observed so far from the Jimmy Fallon Show, the Madden 10 premiere trailer, and the interaction with Ian Cummings and Phil Frazier on the blogs is that Madden NFL 10 is going to out do both ESPN NFL 2K5 and MAYBE even MLB The Show! Let's hope that this is the Madden on Next-Gen that is played throughout the entire year, lol.
In order for Madden 10 to out do 2k5 and MLB The Show, it's really going to have to be brilliant as both of those games were brilliant. I currently play MLB 09 The Show and the presentation for the franchise mode is unreal. It's perfect in fact.

I'm really looking forward to July, but it makes me curious about something. Are there still putting in the content into the game or just the finishing touches? Like...are they currently still adding presentation into the game as far as the highlight shows, etc?
Old 05-03-2009, 11:49 PM   #18
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
I would love to see a presentation blog, but I doubt it will be tommorrow.
Agreed. I really doubt they will be releasing that kind of info so early on. It would be nice to get some franchise news tomorrow though.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I hate to think we have to wait till July, to really hear anything.

Of course they did mention a "Highlight show" Maybe this is what their blowing out...and still developing. It would be fantastic if this highlight show also included scores around the league, trades that happened, injuries, division races etc...

That to me would be worth the wait.
That has to make it in at some point. There was this one game that released 5 years ago that did just that. It was awesome.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:03 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 8

You know maybe the presentation is Sirius NFL radio built into the game. Now I would be happy with that, but would still want in-game presentation.

I do not want to pay for satellite radio again... though I should have invested in their stock when it was at .03$ a share... I would have multiplied my money by 12..... BAH!

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Old 05-04-2009, 12:08 AM   #21
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm sure we will hear a lot when they showcase the game at E3.

Usually at E3 everything that is needed to be known about a game will be mentioned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2009, 12:13 AM   #22
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

I reaalllyy want gameplay info...like more info on Rocket Catch n all that....
OR
online mode stuff...
Old 05-04-2009, 12:59 AM   #23
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
That has to make it in at some point. There was this one game that released 5 years ago that did just that. It was awesome.
Ok...I'll admit thats where I got my ideas from.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:28 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by burne
I wouldn't be too concerned, because if you've been paying attention closely there's actually a lot of presentation stuff that's already been revealed that's a quantum leap over last year.

I mean:
  • Chain gang, cutscenes for measuring for 1st down
  • Fumble pile cutscene
  • Cutscenes of the sideline (Jimmy Fallon piece)
  • Injury cutscenes with player being helped by teammates, trainers
  • Injury cart
  • Improved stat banners and a LOT of them (Ian's twitter)
Add to that all the talk of the "Replay Frequency" option (means it's gotta be better than last year's "Never", right?), and replay/pre-play/post-play camera angles that are "cinematic" (I believe it was TheWatcher who said he harped on this to the team at CD), and that's a lot of presentation upgrade. And, if this is what we know as we're being told that we won't get any "real" presentation info until July, I'd say the chances of presentation not being great this year are pretty slim.

P.S. Make sure you've seen the Jimmy Fallon piece. The whole thing screamed good presentation, it all felt very 2k-ish to me in terms of having nice cutscenes, etc.
Hey do you want to hook a brother up with where you got that info from about the injury, the injury cart and the cutscenes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »