Home

An attempt to make Madden 09 feel realistic

This is a discussion on An attempt to make Madden 09 feel realistic within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2009, 04:47 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: An attempt to make Madden 09 feel realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83evans
Heres my speed idea

I watched a video of Eddie Royal running 70 yds in a game at full speed. It took him 9.4 seconds. Eddie Royal in Madden ran it in 6.7 seconds. Big difference and thats why the game seems so fast. At 80 a player in madden would run it in 9.3 seconds. Perfect. So heres the chart

99-80
98-79
97-78
96-77
95-76
94-75
93-74
92-73
91-72
90-71
89-70
88-69
87-68
86-67
85-66
84-65
83-64
82-63
81-62
80-61

61 ran it in 9.9-10.3

50s ran it in 11.3 so that should be the OL
can you break that chart down. I'm confused with it. I'm thinking about implementing this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2009, 05:35 AM   #42
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

On the left is their current speed, on the right is what their speed should be.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:38 AM   #43
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium00
Yeah, I like that you're still breaking 3 to 4 tackles during a run. Even with all your changes it's not even close to realistic. Good try, though. Sorry you had to waste so much of your time. =[
Why even post this garbage? It's so idiotic that I just got dumber by typing a response to this post. Much props to the OP, keep up the great work man!
Old 05-04-2009, 08:06 AM   #44
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

i did an editing project last month it took two weeks with me doing it 3 hrs every night.

i did other rating changes to experiment.

my biggest find is that lower ratings bring out more animations or what i like to call realistic animations.
these are drastic but produce great effects if you find what the rating controls

agility on Db's- if lowered to 0 they trail the reciever on deep routes, they dont turn at the snap and run down field like the default rating.

route running- controls the cutting animations on WR, madden logic says the better the route running rating the more the WR can defy real balance. if you watch closely you will see the animation cut or jump so a guy running at full speed will cut at full speed. this works better if dropped to 20-50. guys also dont get open as quickly. you see them running and trying to get open.

block shedding- this is pure crap. why have this rating and have a power move and finese move ratong. if lowered to 0 guys play to their rating you see the interaction HITMAN made a vid about that is missing in madden. this needs more work though because with 0 block shredding linemen look like that are holding defensine players who are weakly rated still testing.

acceleration- i lowered this by 30 pts across the board for everyone. because of the size of the video game field and the animations its possible for a guy to be at top speed in 5 yds. that is impossible and i wish there was a better way to make this better represented but if he field is not to scale then the ratings cant be to scale.

this affects both human and cpu alike no longer will you be able to get urlacher to blow up a run and almost sack the qb in the same play. tackles for loss still happen but not with a lb covering 15 yds in 2 secs at least not every play,

there a lot more things in the game i found but dont want to make this too long.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:11 AM   #45
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

also robo qb can be cured by lowering BC vision in qb. drop it drastically and they will take longer depending on their awareness.

people worship madden ratings too much. for years i have edited my copy as soon as i get it because these ratings are someonelse's opinion on a player and as we know EVERYTHING is subjective so edit your ownstuff to your liking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2009, 04:03 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 19
you realize that Madden is still at least 3 months away right? I might as well attempt a band aid solution so i can play Madden 09 for a few months. Sure it's taking a while. But it'll be worth it in the end.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:07 PM   #47
Banned

very nice post man. i may try some of those also. and i forgot to mention in my OP that i lowered block shedding a lot to go along with lowering pursuit.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:23 PM   #48
Banned

has anyone else tried anything like this? I'd really like to hear some more feedback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »