Home

Will you be at your local gamestore on August 13th, at 11:59 pm?

This is a discussion on Will you be at your local gamestore on August 13th, at 11:59 pm? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2009, 02:58 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Will you be at your local gamestore on August 13th, at 11:59 pm?

for 07 and 08 i drove to Pomona and got the game a week early from a shady swap meet, this year i will probably go to Wal-Mart at midnight like i did last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2009, 03:01 AM   #42
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
yeah i hear you...but dag -- doesnt it take the...hmm whats the word...passion/or umm...

**thinking of the word**

...like the excitement/of the game experience leading up to the moment you can get your hands on it?..Because for me, its something I do during my pass-time to get my mind off of EVERYTHING and engage in something that is something bigger than me...

With that being said -- if I were you, I wouldnt break the bank for the game, but putting away 5 cash a week (if possible) should put a dent in the cost...
Don't get me wrong, I'm not rich, but $60 for a game isn't going to make a dent in my wallet. It just doesn't seem practical to me is all. Like I said, there are so many games on the market that I rarely buy a game new unless it's to support a company. I counted my XBox 360 titles and I have 98 now (not counting arcade games). It's about to surpass my Atari collection (114 titles).
Old 05-04-2009, 03:03 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 35

You can pre order on ebay..........FOR 80-90$!!!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 03:05 AM   #44
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyhobbs321813
but we get great entertainment for 2 or 3 months more then you while you have to just watch everyone else play the greatest madden ever made
True, but most people only play the game a couple of months anyhow. I'll be playing NCAA while everyone else is ramping up on Madden, and about the time I'm done with NCAA I'll be ready for Madden. It actually works out really well. If I need a NFL fix in the interim I have APF2K8 (you can make NFL'ish teams) and actual NFL games to watch.

More power to everyone else who wants to buy early though, the more of you there are, the more chances there are of me getting the game earlier and at a cheaper price. hehe
Old 05-04-2009, 03:06 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
True, but most people only play the game a couple of months anyhow. I'll be playing NCAA while everyone else is ramping up on Madden, and about the time I'm done with NCAA I'll be ready for Madden. It actually works out really well. If I need a NFL fix in the interim I have APF2K8 (you can make NFL'ish teams) and actual NFL games to watch.
Wow there is absolutely NO WAY i could wait that long just to save a few bucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2009, 03:25 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
No, but 2 weeks later I'll have my copy of NCAA purchased off of ebay for half the price all you other guys paid for it new.

Then late October/November, I'll do the same with Madden.

A little patience can save you $60, at least.
Depends on the budget, no offense to anyone. I'd rather just pay the $60 and enjoy the game as soon as possible. I could see if we're talking about a day or even a week, but it makes no sense to hold out on something I'm really looking forward to for $30.

I don't know about midnight releases. The only game I've ever left my house at 12am for was GTA: IV, and I waited damn near three or four years for that. I'll be purchasing NCAA and Madden on the release date, though...

Last edited by Fresh Prince; 05-04-2009 at 03:28 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:27 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMan1486
It depends on the rest of information that revealed before release. For some strange reason I have a feeling that there's going to be something in the game that just completely turns me off from it... so I think I'm going to use my free rentals at blockbuster to rent it.
This^^^^ Even though we are getting all this good info on the game, getting new tech(pro-tak), fixing the running animations and all this stuff, i just know that there will be something that will make me not buy the game this year. I hope not but for the last three years this has been the case.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:29 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 7

i get off work at 1030 and im going straight to gamestop from there
im going to pre-order the game tomorrow

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »