Home

Am I alone in wishing EA would scrap some of the fluff..Superstar mode and the like?

This is a discussion on Am I alone in wishing EA would scrap some of the fluff..Superstar mode and the like? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Am I alone in wishing EA would scrap some of the fluff..Superstar mode and the like?

In favor of a better experience all around....maybe more focus on presentation..or a deeper pre-draft mode.....I dont mean to offend online fanatics or any of that...Im just a franchise player and I feel like there are a lot of obvious things that have been stated on this board that people would like to see and I think that some of these other modes are wasting space for an amazing presentation package....feel free to disagree..lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Am I alone in wishing EA would scrap some of the fluff..Superstar mode and the li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt20
In favor of a better experience all around....maybe more focus on presentation..or a deeper pre-draft mode.....I dont mean to offend online fanatics or any of that...Im just a franchise player and I feel like there are a lot of obvious things that have been stated on this board that people would like to see and I think that some of these other modes are wasting space for an amazing presentation package....feel free to disagree..lol
I think Superstar mode needs to go or be completely overhauled...maybe add a first person feature(within superstar) that a certain past football video game had....either way I would be happy with it...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 05-04-2009, 09:25 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Am I alone in wishing EA would scrap some of the fluff..Superstar mode and the li

Quote:
In favor of a better experience all around....maybe more focus on presentation..or a deeper pre-draft mode.....I dont mean to offend online fanatics or any of that
Superstar mode is not an on-line thing...

Quote:
...Im just a franchise player and I feel like there are a lot of obvious things that have been stated on this board that people would like to see and I think that some of these other modes are wasting space for an amazing presentation package....feel free to disagree..lol
Superstar mode itself is not the problem, its that it has been poorly made... that's the problem. I don't see it going away, since all the sports titles are putting this mode in, but they're doing it much better.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

I agree, trash Superstar mode and use the disk-space somewhere else.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:27 PM   #5
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Am I alone in wishing EA would scrap some of the fluff..Superstar mode and the li

someone make a poll--hopefully we could get it scrapped for 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Superstar mode is not an on-line thing...

Superstar mode itself is not the problem, its that it has been poorly made... that's the problem. I don't see it going away, since all the sports titles are putting this mode in, but they're doing it much better.

Right. Superstar was ahead of its time in a conceptual sense, but it was implemented very poorly. Such that when these other games like Fifa and NHL got around to doing it in an amazing way, Madden didn't make the same jump because it already sort of had it.

I think that overhauling this is second to gameplay though. I'd rather see them keep on the road they're on, then move over to things like this.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:35 PM   #7
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

i think the new protak engine could alone jump start Superstar mode. it would be a lot more fun as a quarterback to drop back in the pocket and being able to feel the rush coming off the edges and for example.
I think the camera angle for SSmode is awful. i would rather have normal game play camera then what they have on there now.
i say give SS mode another chance, if it stinks again this year... scrap it!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:37 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

How many of these "I hate superstar threads" does this forum need.......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »