Home

Will we see any helmet-popping Hit-Sticks in Madden 10?

This is a discussion on Will we see any helmet-popping Hit-Sticks in Madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2009, 10:19 PM   #25
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Will we see any helmet-popping Hit-Sticks in Madden 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
I doubt there will be any helmet popping animations.

Why because EA neglected to map the entire players face and head.

All that you see through the helmet is the only thing done. Did you ever wonder why the helmets are constantly worn, even on the sidelines and during all cutscenes including the superbowl...

I don't believe EA will ever take the time to finish the players heads, so don't expect to see a full players face or head anytime soon.

Neglecting to map the entire heads of the players really takes away from the ability to create and have realistic emotinal sideline and superbowl celebrations.
This is true. And very true in NCAA, thus being the reason there are not dreads or long hair in that game either.

However, there was a screen shot of Matt Cassel with KC before the cover was announced, when he was named a finalist (Lord only knows why). The picture was a real life picture of him along with Madden players in the background. One of the KC players was on the sidelines with his helmet off. Subtle detail, but perhaps they have modeled the heads completely this year in Madden.

Still I recall there being an issue with the league saying no to helmets popping off in Madden, but I could be wrong.

This is something that I miss in the game though, I would like to see it return asap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 10:27 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
I doubt there will be any helmet popping animations.

Why because EA neglected to map the entire players face and head.

All that you see through the helmet is the only thing done. Did you ever wonder why the helmets are constantly worn, even on the sidelines and during all cutscenes including the superbowl...

I don't believe EA will ever take the time to finish the players heads, so don't expect to see a full players face or head anytime soon.

Neglecting to map the entire heads of the players really takes away from the ability to create and have realistic emotinal sideline and superbowl celebrations.
They mapped/created entire heads for cutscenes this year.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:49 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanmank
Its cool when it happens, but IRL it only happens a few times a season anyway. So I don't see them being in this year

its true it doesn't happen often but that is one of the AWESOME things about MLB 08-09 the show its that things like this do happen rarely and they are put in the game.

example: in my 3rd season in the show i was swinging away at a pitch down and in and the bat few out of the players hand!!! into the stands!!!!! now granted there wasn't any fan interaction BUT my batter reacted he threw his hands up and winced when the bat "hit" the stands.

now did that help the game play any better no but did it immerse me in the game? hell yeah! i replayed it for a good 2 min from every angle and just enjoyed it.

oh and the announcers commented on it too!!

Ian himself said MLB 09 is the measuring stick for next gen games and a helet pop here or a bad hold there (ala Romo) really put you "in the game"
Old 05-10-2009, 11:00 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by strickzilla
its true it doesn't happen often but that is one of the AWESOME things about MLB 08-09 the show its that things like this do happen rarely and they are put in the game.

example: in my 3rd season in the show i was swinging away at a pitch down and in and the bat few out of the players hand!!! into the stands!!!!! now granted there wasn't any fan interaction BUT my batter reacted he threw his hands up and winced when the bat "hit" the stands.

now did that help the game play any better no but did it immerse me in the game? hell yeah! i replayed it for a good 2 min from every angle and just enjoyed it.

Ian himself said MLB 09 is the measuring stick for next gen games and a helet pop here or a bad hold there (ala Romo) really put you "in the game"
That's pretty cool about the bat throw. I agree that those little things really do immerse the player in the game.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:21 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by strickzilla

I have MLB 08 The Show, not 09. I dunno if this is in 09, but I loved it in 08 when the game would just pause for second and show an outfielder go and get a beach ball and throw it back into the stands. The commentators would comment on it too. And I remember one time there was a streaker lol, it just showed outfielders being disgusted and the commentators were just like "Why would you do that, blah blah". It just really adds to the realism of the game as a whole.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:39 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

This is an interesting thread that I really never thought about. Madden games always had helmets flying off, but that feature has been gone from the previous 2 Maddens (or even more). It should be a fixture and Madden 10 should have it.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:42 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

I remember the first (and only time so far) I've had my helmet pop off completely during a game. It's a pretty crazy experience. For a minute everything is disorienting and shock kicks in as you try to figure out where you are and whether everything is where it's supposed to be.

Anyway, back on topic, I loved the helmets popping off when it was a rarity like in 2003 and 2004, but later in the previous gen console life, helmets popping off became so frequent that the experience was cheapened.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2009, 06:03 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsoxguy12
I have MLB 08 The Show, not 09. I dunno if this is in 09, but I loved it in 08 when the game would just pause for second and show an outfielder go and get a beach ball and throw it back into the stands. The commentators would comment on it too. And I remember one time there was a streaker lol, it just showed outfielders being disgusted and the commentators were just like "Why would you do that, blah blah". It just really adds to the realism of the game as a whole.
you must get MLB 09 i was shocked at how impressed i was i didnt think it could get better and it did

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »