Home

Old 05-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Game Color

I thought Madden 09 overall was a very dark game, and it seems to still be the case in Madden 10. Not enough brightness, nothing pops off the screen. Just very dull to look at. Hopefully it is something that they will address.

Last edited by thmst30; 05-05-2009 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:14 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
If the madden team could adjust the color/contrast/brightness in Madden that would be great. Or they could give us some options of our own; many games have the option of turning brightness up/down in the game.
Every EA Sports game has it except Madden. What's up with that?
Old 05-05-2009, 03:16 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 27

The filters have a lot to do with this. I am a fan of filtering, but I'm an even bigger fan of letting us adjust them and everything else with the picture.

I'm in 100% agreement with all of you. I wishlisted this one and pleaded the case many times. Could be a technical thing, who knows. I just hate that all the other EA Sports games have this and Madden doesn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 03:45 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I disagree. The color of Madden was one of my main gripes in the old 2k5 v. Madden. The slightly desaturated look of 2k5 made it look more "real" than Madden which came off as cartoony and too colorful.

Color is definitely not an issue in the recent iterations Maddens.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Basically I think it comes down to one of two things. One, its a lighting issue which makes the colors seem dull, or they're just dull.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 10

I have to agree here but my main gripe is that the game is just too dark. In one of the blogs (the wildcat blog) there is a picture of the dolphins in real life then the madden screen. I swear the difference is insane on how much darker the Madden image was compared to the real life pic.

I would love for them just to tweak the brightness levels up a few clicks.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:22 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 11

It's not the color, its the contrast. Just play a game in the Vikings stadium, the contrast is bumped WAY up, and it looks absolutely beautiful, its crazy what a little contrast can do to the overall look of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 08:34 PM   #16
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
It's not the color, its the contrast. Just play a game in the Vikings stadium, the contrast is bumped WAY up, and it looks absolutely beautiful, its crazy what a little contrast can do to the overall look of the game.
I will have to try that.

This, besides presentation and some glitches, is what has been ruinging the game for me. Ever since the first video of madden 09 came out, i immediatly saw a huge difference.

madden 06,07,08, they are what they are gameplay wise, but I admit I do miss looking at those games. the colors were so vibrant. Madden 09, things got dark and dreary.

In my own mind, it looks like it did on the ps2/xbox color wise, which is a step backward.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »