Home

Old 05-05-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Game Color

I dont know if this is too late, or if this topic has its own thread, but I've caught some posts here and there on this topic that I feel should be discussed further.

The issue is the dull look of colors in madden. The whites look grey, the red looks faded. Now theres nothing better then a few friends, a case of beer, or (pop, for the youngins), and huge HDTV to enjoy some madden. EA would do us a big favor by making the colors and players jump out at you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Game Color

I agree that the colors could be punched up a bit more...whites should be crisp, reds should be bold...but, we don't want the game to look cel-shaded and kiddy...a little grit can be a good thing...but we don't need the game to look like it was washed with gray.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift9k
I dont know if this is too late, or if this topic has its own thread, but I've caught some posts here and there on this topic that I feel should be discussed further.

The issue is the dull look of colors in madden. The whites look grey, the red looks faded. Now theres nothing better then a few friends, a case of beer, or (pop, for the youngins), and huge HDTV to enjoy some madden. EA would do us a big favor by making the colors and players jump out at you.
i agree faded is not the way to go
Old 05-05-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
I agree that the colors could be punched up a bit more...whites should be crisp, reds should be bold...but, we don't want the game to look cel-shaded and kiddy...a little grit can be a good thing...but we don't need the game to look like it was washed with gray.
Could not have said it better myself....

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 05-05-2009, 02:31 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 18

If the madden team could adjust the color/contrast/brightness in Madden that would be great. Or they could give us some options of our own; many games have the option of turning brightness up/down in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 02:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII

Good post, there is a balance that needs to be had. Right now its just too 'blah', or some teams look better then others. A sharper more colorful image would probably do wonders for how the game looks and feels.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:57 PM   #7
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
If the madden team could adjust the color/contrast/brightness in Madden that would be great. Or they could give us some options of our own; many games have the option of turning brightness up/down in the game.
It's largely a contrast problem. There is not enough difference between light and dark. The light areas should be brighter, and the dark areas darker.

Some tuning will fix this.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:08 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

I agree, the colors do look blah-ish to me.
Just looks like they desaturated everything, I'm not sure how hard this would be to fix.

NCAA Football 10 looks more colorful from their screenshots compared to Madden

Last edited by bxgoods; 05-05-2009 at 03:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »