Home

I need everyone to hear me out.

This is a discussion on I need everyone to hear me out. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
I need everyone to hear me out.

I've been reading this forum for a while and I just have to get my opinion out here. I've been seeing a lot of "I hope Ian fixes this" and "I hope they get this right" type of comments far more than I think is needed. Oh No!!! Don't tell me the company whose motto is "If its in the game its in the game" needs our help to make their game better! Don't get me wrong guys, I LOVE football and football video games, but EA has been too arrogant for far too long for us to give them OUR input for anything! Why are WE pointing out different facets of NFL football that should have obviously been in the game years ago? I respect what Ian is trying to accomplish, but don't do these guys jobs for them. Especially when we still have to dish out our hard earned $60 for it. What were they doing all those years prior when it looked liked they just updated the rosters, stuffed in a goofy gimmick feature nobody gives a rats behind about, and a new cover athlete. Real innovative EA. Have any of you guys ever taken an open book test? Pretty easy, right? Well thats what you guys are giving EA, all of the answers to the test. No studying required. When you sit and do nothing for years, you'd sure BETTER buy the NFL license or the 2K series would've had you guys head spinning! All of that "marketing" money should have been spent improving all the things wrong with the game. You can take a pig and put it in a dress with lipstick, but its still a pig. Sorry about the long rant guys, I just had to vent for little while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: I need everyone to hear me out.

So you don't want us to help them make a better game? Okay guys, lets let them go back to the Ortiz days. =)

― Plato
Old 05-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #3
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tre81
I've been reading this forum for a while and I just have to get my opinion out here. I've been seeing a lot of "I hope Ian fixes this" and "I hope they get this right" type of comments far more than I think is needed. Oh No!!! Don't tell me the company whose motto is "If its in the game its in the game" needs our help to make their game better! Don't get me wrong guys, I LOVE football and football video games, but EA has been too arrogant for far too long for us to give them OUR input for anything! Why are WE pointing out different facets of NFL football that should have obviously been in the game years ago? I respect what Ian is trying to accomplish, but don't do these guys jobs for them. Especially when we still have to dish out our hard earned $60 for it. What were they doing all those years prior when it looked liked they just updated the rosters, stuffed in a goofy gimmick feature nobody gives a rats behind about, and a new cover athlete. Real innovative EA. Have any of you guys ever taken an open book test? Pretty easy, right? Well thats what you guys are giving EA, all of the answers to the test. No studying required. When you sit and do nothing for years, you'd sure BETTER buy the NFL license or the 2K series would've had you guys head spinning! All of that "marketing" money should have been spent improving all the things wrong with the game. You can take a pig and put it in a dress with lipstick, but its still a pig. Sorry about the long rant guys, I just had to vent for little while.
Miss Piggy has a bone to pick with you.

But seriously, I applaud Ian for getting ahead of the curve with his community interaction. It may not be that they don't see what needs to be fixed--maybe they just want to get everything that they can right this time...so they get us to point out a few celebrations/animations...what looks right to one person may not to another...so getting multiple points of view can only help. The previous Madden team didn't seem to get points of view at all, much less several and then make a compromise that we can all be happy (or happy-ish) with...

But I know what you're saying, but I don't see us doing their jobs...they still have to code it all in and make sure it plays good...we're just pointing out some stuff that needs improvement/overhaul. Quality Assurance testers, really.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #4
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read that. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #5
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Yeah dude, people just want to help them make our time playing the game more enjoyable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 02:47 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Attacking the developers in a post and trying to start a Madden/2K flame war.

Locked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »